“fresh fish only please”

Ranked #140 of 403 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant is about getting fresh fish out of the sea, adding to pan with a little flavouring, plating up and giving to customer with bread.

The menu is short, the service is quick, the fish is clearly fresh and of good quality. Personally I yearned for a few potatoes and some vegetables but the fish platter was so good I'll let it slide.

There's also a view over the harbour. It wasn't an expensive menu. We had the big 'taste of everything' dish that arrived in a pan bigger than a full size wok. There was plenty for the two of us. If you like your fish filleted and presented prettily with gourmet jus I'd try elsewhere.

1  Thank andylosttheplot
There are newer reviews for Lokanda Peskarija

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This little restaurant has a lovely setting looking out onto the old harbour and across to the walls that house the Maritime Museum. Recommended to us by the lady at tourist information, it is a nice low priced restaurant. We were a little disappointed that the menu was so limited. We shared the "small fish" (whitebait) and the grilled calamari. Both were delicious, especially the calamari grilled with a garlic sauce (beware: I suspect it is local custom not to clean the calamari - or shell the prawns for that matter - so you do need to remove the spine and clean the inside of the body, but that is fine). Service was good and efficient and the outcome with wine was about $40AUD.

[The trouble with the scoring system is - How do you compare a $200 meal with a $75 meal? The way I approach it is to say is this good value for money and was the food in line with these expectations. So this way I can score. $40 restaurant with a 5 and a $200 restaurant that served better food with a 3 because it did not meet price and value expectations.]

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had lunch here on a Friday in late October. I was a little unsure about the location in terms of it having the potential to be a tourist trap (in front of the Old Harbour) - but I was proved wrong. Plenty of locals seemed to be eating there. The restaurant was incredibly busy so there was a bit of a wait - but it was worth it. My spicy squid was delicious. A great atmosphere - lots of hustle and bustle. I really enjoyed it.

1  Thank MrsRobinson2010
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Excellent seafood, excellent service, excellent view, excellent value. We enjoyed eating here so much, we went back twice in 2 days. Had shrimp and squid with a delicious white wine the first time and whitebait and beer the second time. This will be our first stop next time in Dubrovnik.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I accidentally walked into this place on our stop in Dubrovnik and really enjoyed this lunch. One of the better meals I had for my 2 weeks in Europe. Tasted good and much cheaper than other places I've had during the trip. I didn't look up this place on Tripadvisor before I went, and I'm quite surprised to see all the negative reviews. In my opinion, the place was actually very good. The seafood tasted fresh and each plate we ordered was quite unique.

We ordered the sardine in olive oil (pretty good but salty, better then the ones we had in Venice), grilled calamari (which we loved, and so did the German family that ordered after seeing it on our table), some friend small fish (fresh, crispy and tasty), a seafood risotto and a cuttlefish risotto. For me, the grilled calamari and the seafood risotto tasted really good, with the fried fish and the cuttlefish risotto not far behind. Food came out piping hot (on a cold rainy day). We all really liked the view and really loved the food. The service was a bit slow, but the waiters were all very nice in explaining their and checking if we're ok.

On a side note for north americans, the bitter lemon schwepps is pretty good. wish we have it here!