“Lovely place to go in Dubrovnik, Croatia”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #37 of 412 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional bosnian cuisine,meet and vegetarian dishes. Here, in our restaurant, this rich history is cherished to this very day. Guided by the thought that diversity is a blessing we are the keepers of the traditional. We want our every guest to have their own experience. That is why our menu is designed to cater too many needs.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Taj Mahal was recommended to us by our Croatian waiter from our cruise ship. He practiced what he preached because we later saw him there dining with his local family. The food was delicious, the price was fair, and we loved our shaded, quiet location at an outdoor table. There were pictures on the menu to help with selecting the local fare, and the waiters were very friendly. A word of caution: there are only a few tables inside and outdoors, and cruise ship passengers have heard about this as a place to go on their day in this lovely city.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,509)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great little restaurant serving lots of Bosnian cuisine. We had 2 lovely meals here and we weren't disappointed. Service and price, very good.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were here in winter and it was a very welcome and cozy place to spend part of the evening. The interior is very beautiful, and we all liked the food we ordered (especially the soup). It was a nice break from Dalmatian and Italian cuisine, sort of Turkish but not exactly.

1  Thank Esker4
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I tried to go to dinner here last night, but were thwarted as all the tables were full. We came back for lunch today because we saw what they were serving up last night and didn't want to give up on this place. We were not disappointed.

Because neither of us had ever tried this cuisine, we decided to get a sample platter so that we could have a variety - we ordered the 'Jengis Can' platter, which had various meats, sausages, potatoes, and condiments. Everything was delicious, including the warm flat bread that we ordered on the side. So, so happy. We will be searching for a Bosnian restaurant in New York, which is home, as we are converts to the cuisine.

PS - they said there were vegetarian options, but I'd pity the vegetarian in this place. All I saw was meat on the menu... but hey, we like meat.

1  Thank TravelinLo
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I visited the restaurant in winter time and we came to a very warm environment. The two waiters were really nice and helpfull but coming to the main thing in a restaurant, the food, I can not say that I would ever look for such a dinner.
The ' cheerfull bosnian' were two pieces of veal rolled with cheese in it. But the meat itself was like a piece of rug. My wife had a kind of kebab which was vegetables cooked with veal in red sauce. The meat though was like small stones. In both cases it seemed that somebody cooked so quickly that it became simply so hard that it was no mere to eat.
I wouldn't go back there or I would never try again these two courses

2  Thank George M