See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

For our friends birthday we decided to book a superior room at this place collected no problem and host very good then we paid nearly £280 for this superior room we booked over about 6 weeks ago my wife was shocked make your mind up and take a look at our superior room I will be contacting booking.com

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Davideperoni11
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Room was not correct. Services were not as advertised. Had to stay 1 night before we found alternative accommodation. Tv didn’t work, really poor maintenance, just a really disappointing and uncomfortable experience that I hope to never go through again. Could not sleep as the night life ‘doof doof’ music vibrated through the complex. STAY AWAY.

1  Thank seanmcmahon3
Reviewed September 1, 2019

Searched for 4+ stars in Dubrovnik old city and came up with an offer on Prijeko House: half price but still expensive with 8.1 rating on Booking.com.
Good vibes continued with effective communications from the manager.
Airport pickup also went smoothly. Pero was very helpful
The crunch came on arrival in the room:
1 it was very dirty: hair and grit on floors and stairs
2 No TV in bedroom: there was a bracket for it
3 Curtain rail fell off the wall when I tried to close it: evidence of that happening before
4 Inadequate kitchen items and cupboard door opened the wrong way
5 Broken shower hose: hand held and no hook, no soap in container, slimy shower curtain
6 Broken fridge shelf

Room tip: Check room over first
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank JSheldrick
Reviewed July 31, 2019

Like many others below, I really felt cheated by the Prijeko House. I had been so careful before booking, checking to make sure the apartment looks decent (and specifically searched for their 2BR apartment photos), checked the street it is supposed to be on (Prijeko St, where all the restaurants are - i even google street mapped it) and i read the reviews on Booking.com (all ok). Everything seems to be in order. Until we arrived.

We were given another apartment which was not on the Prijeko street that we booked and wanted. The apartment was past some back alley and up a narrow staircase to what can be described as a loft. The apartment was small, and dingy, and dusty and oh-so dirty. The floor was so dusty and the floor mat was so gross it looked like it had been there since 2 seasons ago, just turned over and over again. The bathroom was tiny I had to turned sideways to get to the wc. The bath tub is a half bathtub, I think you are supposed to shower sitting down? But the problem with that is that it is literally inches away from the wc. So when you sit down, your body is literally next to the wc. Oh, and by the way, the wc does not flush very well. So yes, super duper gross.

They advertised on booking.com as if they have everything (basically they just ticked every single facilities on the site), including a washing machine. Well, this apartment did have a washing machine - but broken. In fact a lot of the things seemed to be broken in the apartment. However, the fridge was working, but it looked so dirty as if it has not been cleaned since the nineties.

When asked why are we not staying at the apartment pictured and on Prijeko Street as per our booking, the host just replied that he has many apartments and he allocates them according to what is available at that time and the number of people & room required. WHAT???? When we book an apartment, we book THAT apartment, no matter how many apartments the property manager may have. And in this case, we were given a very lousy, dirty, dingy, small, disgusting apartment which is a major, huge downgrade. I would never have chosen this apartment even if it was advertised on booking.com, not even for half the rent. And now, I had to pay premium price for it? Frankly, this apartment stay ruined our time in Dubrovnik.

One thing I realised was this. I was wondering, did I miss something with the apartment reviews? I remember being thorough in reading the reviews on booking.com, so how can this be so bad? Then I checked again and realised - review for Prijeko House on booking.com were all positive. I only managed to read negative reviews for this apartment on tripadvisor, but the tripadvisor.com reviews were mostly recent, just before my stay, so I have missed them. I dont know why this this is so, but note to self - read reviews on both booking.com AND tripadvisor before making any reservations.

So bottomline - AVOID at all costs. This feels like a scam as you may not get what you booked and paid for.

Room tip: Avoid.Unless you want to take part in Apartment stay lottery.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank jannine_kl
Reviewed July 24, 2019

Like so many of the reviews below we booked this through booking and didn’t see these reviews left by others previously.

We were transferred by the “host” at a cost of 20 Euro from the port while a legitimate taxi company only charged us 10. He then took us to another address not the one as advertised to a place that resembled a hostel or as described by another guest as the “sleeping quarters for workers at the adjacent fast food restaurant”. The place was tiny and falling apart, the bedroom was above the kitchenette if u can even call it a bedroom. The shower was merely a hose. The “host” required we pay in cash only and was rather arrogant. Please don’t make the same mistake we did by staying here, we may as well threw our £110 away. I even suggested to my partner to get immediate transfers to the airport and stay there overnight as I felt uneasy and unsafe in the place he took us. Please please avoid! We will be contacting booking.com as we were sold something that wasn’t as advertised and this felt like a total con.

1  Thank MMDowney