Well, as I booked the hotel I did not expect it to be this huge. It is very big and unpersonal. But very beautiful and with helpful staff.
We got an upgrade when we arrived, which was nice.. but the room was in the 1st floor with a view of an uncut lawn and a fence, then the sea. The room was very pretty, but the bathroom had an open solution with only a flappydoor to the toilet (which is not so comfortable when you are suppose to do your business). The bed in this room were very bad, we both woke up with pain in our backs (and we are 20!). We know our neighbour was a German, because the rooms are very bad isolated, so we heard him pretty clear. It was not hard to hear when the cleaning ladies came in the hall either.
The service is very good, fantastic cleaning!
The pool and spa section now. The wellness senter where you wandered around on your own, smelled awful. But the facilities were good! Same with the spa treatments, good and relaxing. Ok prices!
- The outdoor pool was not filled at our stay, and there were no service outside or bars as promised in the advertisements. They were obviously upgrading the outdoor area, but I think we should've been noticed so we knew what we came to.
- And where is the beach? Washed away many years ago. So no beach. Very dissapointed. The signs are still up, and the commercial for it.. but there is no beach.
We tried the buffé in the hotel (dinner) and payed 200 kuna each + drinks. We were very dissapointed. No good food, poor choises.. just a bad experience next to the expectations.
Again the staff was very helpful and kind. We had a very nice stay otherwise, but I don't think Rixos are the hotelchain for me/us. It was all a bit overdid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark of exceptional Croatian hospitality, the waterfront Rixos Libertas Dubrovnik has been reborn as the ultimate contemporary design hotel with luxurious facilities for discerning travelers. Home to 254 guest rooms that combine panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea with pampering facilities that indulge and inspire, it is conveniently located only 15 minutes away from Dubrovnik Old Town and 25 minutes away from the Dubrovnik International airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rixos Hotel Libertas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rixos Hotel Dubrovnik