“Fantastic location, great staff....”

Rixos Hotel Libertas
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you like luxury there can only be only one hotel to visit in Dubrovnik, this is the place, from the moment we got off the aeroplane, everything from the airport transfer to the hotel reception, wonderful room....everyone was helpful, when we have our next visit to Dubrovnik there can only be one hotel to visit again. and great breakfast.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kenzo1
There are newer reviews for Rixos Hotel Libertas

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at Rixos Liberta in Dubrovnik in June 2012 and will return this June as I had such a fabulous time there.
This hotel is in a perfect location just a pleasant 15 mins walk to the old town gates.
This hotel is of modern design and my room was lovely with a fantastic view from the beautiful flower bordered balcony.
I had a treatment in the spa which was excellent and left me feeling very relaxed and pampered.
The food in the restaurants was perfect, and the friendly staff dealt with my extensive dietary requirements very efficiently. In fact all the staff from front of house to room attendant were very helpful and professional.
Amanda James
York

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Garth D
Ena Z, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Hotel Libertas, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank You for writing such a wonderful comment about your experience with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My Sister retired in Aug. 2012. We planned a trip to Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia & Montenegro for 3 weeks. Mostly Croatia. We originally rented an apt. for a week and when we arrived by car couldn't find it, even with GPS. When we did get to it with somebody calling the owner's friend to take us there, we couldn't even back the car out as it was down a steep steep hill outside of the Dubrovnik area. We ended up letting the owner keep the deposit and took off looking for a hotel. This is when we ran into the Rixos. It was not avail. for the whole week so we took 3 days there, then went to Mostar, Bosnia for 1 night and returned to the Rixos. At the end of our 3 weeks of travel to other places, we wanted to drop off the car and just relax for the last 2 days. Back to the Rixos. It was within walking distance of Old Town and we could enjoy wine and not worry about driving. There was lot of parking, the only complaint we had was the price of food there was pricey. 3rd time we stayed the mgr. sent us up a bottle of wine and fruit. Obviously we would stay there again. Staff wonderful, remembered us and were of great help if needed. Beautiful pool or ocean swimming. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Had 3 different rooms and all were great, overlooking ocean. Actually first night they were booked...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cinciti7
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have just returned from Tenerife determined to write our review of this hotel to reflect our stay in Sept 2012.I often prefer to delay my reviews to see what others say and whether we agree.I will leave all the positives to others as they are deserved and clearly expressed. It frustrates me however when people comment unfavourably about things they should have known about before they went. Take the repeated comments about the walk to the Old Town.Lets get this straight- it is a delightful walk along the cliffs overlooking the sea and if you need it there is a bus every two minutes which drops you at the gate to the Old Town!
The views from the hotel make this just a brilliant place to stay. When we were there it blew a hurricane for two days and the skies and the sea were a real sight- then next day the staff did a brilliant job to repair the swimming pool area and you were able to swim in the sea I direct from the hotel!
We also had our best meal of the whole holiday in the hotel restaurant with superb wine and a lightning show for two hours as a background!
We would return to this hotel without a moment's hesitation and as you can see from my other reviews I do not say that all the time-and name another hotel where the drinks around the pool are delivered on roller skates-she does the work of three and always with a smile!

Room Tip: Book an upgraded room on the top floors which give youa huge balcony and views to make every penny w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Whittak88
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the Rixos for four nights in February 2013. Staff is super pleasant. Food at Mosaik buffet is varied, fresh and delicious. Room was modern with a beautiful view. Location is 15-minute walk to Old City, 20-minute walk to New City. Had some significant water damage while I was there due to howling South winds, but I don't really hold that against the hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gfmalone
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at Rixos for 7 nightsduring the summer. The hotel is located only a 15-20 minutes walk from the historic Old Town's gate. The rooms are in a contemporarily style with a great sea view and the staff is very friendly and professional. The SPA facilities are excellent (the Turkish bath with the Hamam ritual, the sauna, the tropical shower, the warm pool and the shock pool, etc).
I highly recommend this hotel, and I will definitely stay here again! Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isabela88
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at Rixos in Dubrovnik for 4 nights and found it very convenient to walk to old town or the other part of the city. The hotel has excellent facilities - SPA and my Wi-fi was accessible from the room :). - and really friendly staff while doing their job with professionalism. On the first day i was feeling very tired with a strong headache - every one was so nice gentle and supportive.. Looking forward to be there again..

Room Tip: i satyed on the 12th floor with side view of the sea.. perhaps lower floows have better views ..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo