“very nice location, unfriendly staff”

Rixos Hotel Libertas
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Schruns, Austria
“very nice location, unfriendly staff”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

the location of the hotel is really nice, close to the old town of Dubrovnik but still silent enought to enjoy some relaxing days.

Even though it is supposed to be a luxury hotel, I simply couldn't find the 5th star. I would rate as a good 3 or average 4 start hotel. Max.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 1hotelparadiso
DubrovnikCroatia578, General Manager at Rixos Hotel Libertas, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for expressing your opinion. I regret that you have not entirely had a great experience during your stay with us. I would appreciate if you would be interested in sharing your opinions about staff in detail. Your opinion is greatly important to us, and we all strive into delivering great value for the money. Again thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very friendly, helpful staff and a fantastic location just 10-15 minutes walk from the Old City, this is a great hotel. Unfortunately some of the design features of the rooms, the 5 degree view backwards out the main window that consitituted our "ocean view" room and the London / New York / Sydney prices of food and drink in the hotel itself mean its at best a 4 star hotel rather than the touted 5 star. A shower that doesn't spray water on the bathroom floor and complimentary wifi would go someway to improving the overall experience while moderating the prices (same beers for $1.50 in the Old City restaurants are $6-$8 in the hotel bar) would be a massive improvement. Overall, a very comfortable, convenient and pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you for expressing your opinion. It is very valuable to us. I appreciate your praises and accept your evaluation of the directions we should go in order to be able to please all of our guests.. I am sure that you are familiar that free WiFi is available in all public areas, bars and restaurants, including congress center. However, we will not stop there and we will do the utmost during the season break, i.e. winter 2012 in order to provide all technical upgrades requested by our guests. Same goes into considering pricing of beverages currently offered on our lists. Thank you very much again for this review, and I look forward seeing you sometimes soon back in our city and hotel.
Knoxville, Tennessee USA
Reviewed June 7, 2012

As a travel agent for many years I did my homework before booking the Rixos. Tripadvisor reports were very great and helped make my decision. It was also one of the closest hotel to the old city.
Hotel: front desk staff were always friendly and helpful - smiling and being nice helps
Pool deck outside bar/restaurant good, Lobby large, bar large, bar deck beautiful. Breakfast was wonderful, need self serve coffee machines.
Room: we started with a standard no view and they were kind to show us rooms with a water view. we ended up on the 4th floor for about 40euros p/night more and it was worth it.
only thing missing in room were washclothes, I know it's not a European thing, but we Yanks use washclothes
Old Town - It's a nice walk to/from the hotel, doable if you are a good walker.
When checking bus schedules or ferry schedules check directly with the company

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank maxford
Dear Guest,
It is always a pleasure to answer a review about a trip and holiday well enjoyed. Our staff will be happy to know that you carry a positive emotions from our house and we all look forward to seeing you back soon. Sincerely yours.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I often read reviews with a pinch of salt; people just love complaining, and I'm so laid back I might as well be horizontal. However, whilst I can't comment on other Hotels in Dubrovnik, I can say that, based on other hotels I have stayed in worldwide, I would NOT class this as 5 star!
The view is great, the facilities are good and it's proximity to the old town is good (although is 15 minutes up hill if you choose to walk back so not brilliant for the less abled - for which I am not fortunately).
However, the place has maintenance issues all over and does not feel 'well loved'; fire alarms hanging off, wallpaper pealing, stained carpets and so on (to the point that you can't fail to notice). You can not bring ANY food or drink in to the hotel; they do not provide any coffee making facilities in the room nor any water. The staff aren't particularly friendly either.
In short, it is a nice place, but I feel the 5 star comes more from the view/location than anything else...that special touch is missing!
I hope this helps!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Kirstin N
Dear Guest,
thank you for the review in which you have detailed issues requiring correction. You can rest assure that this message will not drop in dead ear and we will make sure that none of this is an issue immediately. I appreciate your views and hope to be able to demonstrate our hospitality to you and your friends in near future with a special touch. Thanks again and kind regards.
Reviewed June 5, 2012

From Me (forty something Mum): plenty of space, no fighting for loungers, lovely big bars and comfy seating. Very welcoming to our son (7 and a half). We were all inclusive. I was impressed with the food and drinks. The view is to die for. I loved my massage. There are probably reasons why this should or shouldn't be a 5* but they are irrelevant - we already want to comeback next year.

From Thomas (age 7 and 3/4). I think there is a wide variety of well cooked food and the outside part is very nice. ,My favourite thing is down by the pool with the nice loungers and you can get tannded and the outdoor pool is nice and warm. There are lovely sunsets and it is only 20 Minutes to Dubrovnik town and I took my scooter which was really nice. Bit of a shame that the kids pol wasn't a bit more exciting and the shower spray wasn't on. Kids club closed also. But lots lovely ice cream in the restaurant. There is also a cable car nearby.

From HJ (Dad, business man): a very well positioned and generally high quality hotel. Food is at the higher end of the scale, staff are friendly and speak English to a level that is easy to get by. Some of the reviews written by people who may be in the lucky 0.1% who are able to stay at the very finest hotels are obviously commenting based upon this experience. For the other 99.9% of us the hotel more than matches its ratings and I would be happy to recommend it to my discerning friends. By the way, free wi if is excellent in the areas where it is provided and it would be good if it was extended to the rooms as well.

Room Tip: It's worthwhile getting the sea view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Thomas, "Mum and Dad",
Thank you very much for your review. It has been an absolute privilege to have you spending your vacations with us. I am looking forward in seeing you back soon. Kind regards.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Because of my business I m traveling lot...one of my business travel to Dubrovnik I found one of the most popular chain hotels which is name RIXOS in dubrovnik....from the beginning when I reached to the hotel gate the hotel staff warmly welcome to me like all the others guest they served us Turkish traditional deserts than all the staff start to running all around me to help me to make me more comfortable like as my home and they did it....the hotel excellent ambiance,design,restaurants,food,spa,rooms are incredible,staff is awesome,I felt like my home when I was leaving from the hotel most of the staff and the management came after me and made a small goodbye ceremony which I never saw in my life before so if you have a chance to come Dubrovnik your hotel shoul RIXOS Libertas don't go to look any others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
it has been a great joy when I learned that you have had a great time among us during your holiday. I really look forward seeing you soon back in Dubrovnik and our hotel soon. Thank you for your kind words, which I will make sure, every member of the team knows about. This serves as a great inspiration for all of us, striving to providing exciting memories to all our clients. Again, thanks and kind regards.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed at Rixos hotel for a few nights in the low season as a gift for my birthday. The hotel was very silent and not much guests, even dought the weather was great. The rooms have a great elegant and minimalistic style. Loved the white furnishing. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I got a cake from the hotel for my birthday, that`s a nice touch :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
you have traveled half way around the globe to come to Dubrovnik and our hotel. We are very honored you have decided to do so and I look forward to having you back in our city and hotel in near future. You will always be able to consider us a home away of home. Thank you again and godspeed.