Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Stari Grad(Dubrovnik)
The Pucic Palace(Dubrovnik)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationold townfree towelsminute walkair conthe busigorwallsgatestairshosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Really perfect place to stay.Staff members are amazing.I would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This hostel is placed in an amazing location, the facilities are amazing and one of the staff members is a legend however in saying that, I had the worst experience of 8 months travelling here. I was outside my room having a cigarette when one of the workers who is at least 20 years my senior decided to pick me up by my shirt and hit my head against a concrete wall and then proceeded to punch me in the face. I ran to my room to tell my travelling partner and the guy followed me and tried to pull me out of the room by my hair, when my friend got up to separate us the guy threw him to the ground and still proceeded to pull me out. When my friend finally separated us and told the guy to stop because i was a girl and obviously a lot younger than him the guy continued to yell at us and told us to leave the hostel and pay him at 5 in the morning. The next day there was no explanation and when he saw me he simply walked the opposite direction. I rarely write bad reviews for hostels unless they really deserve it but this is not acceptable by any means and something like this for a new traveller could ruin their whole trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank backpacking90
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Amazing hostel to stay in Dubrovnik. Free breakfast and internet. Great showers, friendly staff

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank beckaus980
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I loved it here. The staff were so nice and friendly. The location was perfect and close to everything. The staff are helpful with helping you to go places. The rooms were clean and quiet, and good value:) www.apartmentslovrijenac.com

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank daniellegallant5
Reviewed September 16, 2011

A good choice. Hostel Marker seems to be a network of rooms and apartments centrally managed from a small key-filled office just outside the Pile Gate, a location near a tourist office, major bus stops and a couple ATMs. The apartment to which we were directed, around a bend from the office, on Ivana Kukuljevica, was shabbily decorated, but clean and quiet, with a good bed and hot shower (and a kitchen we had not requested – an upgrade?). The view out the door was worth big bucks: Fort Lovrijenac, for a great "sense of place." I liked the clothesline right at the door too, for the swimsuits we used at a beach just a short walk away. Marco was available, energetic, and helpful with all our requests about Dubrovnik.

I wonder if we overpaid by reserving online, but that worked for us. Next time I wouldn't hesitate to try this place as a walk-up.

Room Tip: Marker seems to have access to a lot of properties, so I would try to be specific about needs or preferences, and it seems they would try to please.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple