“Dream Vacation”

Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Dream Vacation”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently spent a week at the hotel at the end of August and had an amazing time. Dubrovnik is a stunning city and the Importanne Resort was the perfect place to experience it. The Ariston (and the other hotels part of the resort) are located along a beautiful rock faced beach, lined with perfect seating and a great beach bar. The restaurants on site also feature excellent views (the food is good, but not amazing). Service was fantastic - professional and helpful.

The hotel rooms and amenitie were also excellent. Furnishings were modern and comfortable with bedets, heated drying racks (for towels and swimwear), and comfortable beds (I slept very well).

Dubrovnik seemed lilke another world, which will likely change over time as tourism increases and prices go up. Still, I am recommending this hotel to all my friends and family. I had an unforgetable time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Richard L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I loved the Ariston. I stayed at the Ariston in Dubrovnik with my partner for five nights and it was the perfect measure of high-class resort I needed perched on the side of a cliff!

The beds were so comfortable and the bathrooms were SO spacious. I believe these units were only recently refurbished and it shows. I felt like I was in a brand new hotel! The buffet breakfast and dinner was fantastic, as was the spa. The staff was so attentive and helpful. I really have nothing negative to say.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacifar
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Got the most massive suite with a lovely whirlpool right on the balcony, amazing views, 2 separate bathrooms, huge bed....all very clean. breakfast was a good variety of foods, nice views, some wasps on terrace to contend with. Pools all lots of fun to discover. The rocky areas with the lounge chairs were very charming, and lots of different areas to jump in the sea with. reception very friendly and helpful. Bus to town very easy to get. Bus back a little harder, sometimes too crowded to get onto during the "rush" hours.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Ariston Hotel during a busy week in August. I was thoroughly impressed by the quality of the facilities and the attentiveness of the staff. As part of the Importanne Resort, the hotel is also very well located; it's easy get anywhere from the hotel, and the staff will gladly provide information on day trips or other excursions, if you're interested. My friends and I were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the day trip to Montenegro that we booked through the hotel, including the ease with which we were able to make our arrangements.

After my first very comfortable sleep, I was amazed by the wide range of hot and cold foods
that were available as part of the breakfast buffet. I have never stayed in a hotel with such a high-quality buffet, especially with such reasonable rates.

Overall, the hotel is very clean and comfortable, with first-rate amenities. What impressed me the most is that it strikes a very appropriate balance between a place that is relaxing and accommodating for adults, but also welcoming for families. I went with a group of adults but noticed many happy children playing in the pool and using other facilities at the resort. Their computer facilities the assistance of staff also made it convenient for me to attend to a few business affairs while I was there, which is always necessary for me.

The staff repeatedly went out of their way to meet the needs of our group, and they always greeted us with both professionalism and a smile. The management and ownership team was also quite visible while I was there; their pride in the quality of their hotel, and their genuine interest in the experience of their guests, was evident.

I felt very welcome at the Importanne Report; my stay at the Ariston Hotel shaped my overall experience in Dubrovnik, including my window into the local culture, and it made me eager to return to Croatia. I have been talking about it non-stop since I returned home. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank She_Travels_So_Much
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful location, nice rooms and great service. 10 day stay...Staff friendly and helpful. Food was also good. Hotel was updated nicely with spacious clean rooms.
The grounds and especially the beach area are the highlights. Nice warm and clear water. Would go back anytime.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank BKW71
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we stayed for a week and it was wonderful , food is excellent in every of the restaurants and staff is just great!
owner is very helpful and kind , and that is very important.Beaches are goergous and very clean.
we are definitely coming back to that beautiful hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lili-Rose D
Switzerland
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We spent one night in this hotel in the context of an 18-days trip (15 hotels) through the western Balkans. The hotel is excellently organized and equipped. Although the complex is huge, one did not have the impression of large crowds, neither in the hotel corridors, nor in the restaurants. Only the rocky “beach” seemed totally occupied by north Europeans roasting in the Dalmatian sun. The room and the bathroom were very spacious and functional; the large balcony had an impressive sea view. The in-room safe did not function. We had lunch at the beach restaurant and were quickly served. The food was just OK. The buffet breakfast was very rich and offered a large variety of healthy and less healthy food for all tastes. We appreciated the possibility to have breakfast on the terrace just above the beach. The reception staff was efficient and friendly. The price was, though, at the limits of acceptable for the benefits offered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple