“Great views and lovely hosts”
Review of Pension Stankovich

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubrovnik
Pension Stankovich
Ranked #16 of 174 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Kent
“Great views and lovely hosts”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just had a week in this apartment in a clean spacious room with a comfy bed and good bathroom and air con. We also had a little kitchenette where we prepared breakfast and then ate it on the terrace overlooking the old town and harbour. Would have liked a kettle as it took ages to heat up enough water on the hob but this is a small point. Towels changed every 2 days and rubbish emptied. Mainly saw Igor who was friendly and helpful. Zoran also ran us to the airport for 30 euros. The only thing not so good for us was the 377 steps down to the town, OK going down but tough going up. We are 65 and 60 years old and pretty fit and active and did manage them and the views were amazing plus it was lovely and quiet at night. If you don't mind the climb then well worth it and would recommend the apartments of which there are 6 I think.

Room Tip: There is an apartment which has a private terrace but we had no problems sharing as spacious
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Have just returned from our first visit to Dubrovnik. We stayed 8 nights at Pension Stankovich and it certainly lived up to expectations. We stayed in studio 4 which is the most private.....it was spotlessly clean and the view as everyone says is amazing. We only saw Zoran when he picked us up from the airport and took us back there for our flight but were well looked after by Igor. Would definitely recommend a stay here but would advise against breaking your foot a couple of months before your holiday as I did as although the 377 are worth it for the view it does get very tiring!

Room Tip: Studio 4 is the most private in terms of the terrace and the view is stunning
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Really impressed with our stay here, I really recommend it. The view from the balcony is unbeatable, the rooms were spotlessly clean, comfortable beds and unexpected but useful facilities like TV, Wifi, air-con. Owners are friendly and attentive. The only negative was there are a LOT of stairs to get up to the building, which is fine if you're reasonably fit but otherwise you may struggle!

1 Thank LSlondon44
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We arrived at Dubrovnik airport, where an older and very friendly guy picked us up and drove us to the apartment. Our first impressions of the apartment was good. It was spotlessly clean, bed was pretty good, and the view from the balcony was absolutly amazing.

Also worth mentioning that I was concerned about carrying our luggage up all the stairs I read about in other review, but I can gladly inform that it is no problem to take a taxi og drive a car almost to the entrance.

When we arrived, it was pretty late, and we they asked if we were hungry. We said yes, and they brought us some local dish with stuffed squash, free of charge. It didn't taste all that good, but a nice gesture.

I would not recommend going for the breakfast they very eagerly try to push. It was very simple, and not that good. We had a fridge and bought some bread and smoked ham I Oldtown, and this tasted alot better.

The hosts was also very helpful if we had any questions about transport, and had a phone we could use for local calls.

All in all, my girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay, and would easily recommend it to friends and family. The most important part is that it was clean, we had our own private bathroom (though with a shared hallway between our room and the bathroom), and we felt safe.

1 Thank Snipro
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed two nights last May. The view out of the balcony is superb. Amazing location just off the old city. Igor is amazing and does everything he can to make a pleasant stay. This is definitely a great option that I would recommend to everyone. Don't miss breakfast! Superb cheese omelette, chocolate crepes and coffee. Ask for private excusions to Montenegro.. Definitely worth doing.

Room Tip: Ask Igor if there are rooms with private balcony. That is not a must, but I assume desirable if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The location is its prime plus factor, but they add good service and a friendly smile to it. We had one of the studio's with terrace (and wonderful view of Dubrovnik's old town), and enjoyed every minute. Especially the views, the service and the incredible breakfast we will never forget. As a gay honeymoon couple, we were very happy with the champagne the Stankovic family had put on the table. It is a romantic spot, the city center is just 10 minutes walking and the area is quiet and residential. You need to climb some stairs, though.

Room Tip: I would recommend one of the studios on the upper part, as they are spacious and have a wonderful vi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Trieste
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm just a little repetitive but, YES, the view from the terrace is UNBELIEVABLE.
I arrived from Trieste with my bike and the first impact was climbing more than 200 steps to find the pension, because I don't trust on my navigator that want to drive me from the principal way (impossible). Yes, you should be in a decent shape to climb all the steps, but the view and congeniality of Igor, Zoran and their parents are the recompense. In any case, if you want, there is a taxi.
I stayed only one night in Studio 4, I think, which consists of a double bed, kitchenette and attached bathroom and terrace with a unbelievable view, not a private terrace but it seems becouse everyone was friendly and keeps to themselves.
After a plentiful dinner in the old town I arrive at the pension without breath. I found Zoran and Igor and a very nice marriage of New Jersey talking and drinking beers. Immediately Zoran and Igor came near and offered me beers and rest. I had a wonderfull night talking about everything and laughing.
This is the difference between Pension Stankovic and another anonimous pension, this is what a “traveller” look for, the possibility to meet up, to excenge experience and thinkings.
Thank Zoran, thanks Igor and thanks also to you nice marriage of New Jersey.
Carlo