TripAdvisor
Dubrovnik
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews bus stop small family hotel small shower old city nice pool stay there again final stop extra pillows short walk to the beach rick steves hotel is great comfortable bed tommy supermarket sunset beach lovely balcony bars and restaurants swimming pool
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

This 26 room hotel is on the rise.
The new pool is refreshing and of good size with over zealous jacuzzi shelf. But it is the chaps attending to your every need poolside that make Aquarius the one to choose.
Bus stop 5 mins away where the no6 bus whisks you into Old Dubrovnik for 12 Kuna if you buy the ticket from the kiosk at the stop.
Really very pleasant base from which to idle away a week or 10 days in this glorious part of Dalmatia.
Recommended.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MardleyMassif
Aquarius Dubrov... H, Manager at Hotel Aquarius Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Thank you for recommending our hotel - it is so nice to hear you had a pleasant time in Dubrovnik!

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel to stay in if visiting Dubrovnik. It is away from the old walled city, but only an easy 10 min bus ride away. To get the bus, you have to buy a ticket from the little booth, not on the bus! Pool was refreshing, breakfasts were delicious and best eaten on the terrace, receptionists were all friendly and helpful. One of the waiters, a real character who used to work on the QE cruise ship, offered conversation and good advice. So for instance we wanted to walk in the nearby national park up to a coastal viewpoint and he told us how best to get there. Lovely stroll by the way. I wanted to make my own tea and the staff provided me with a kettle. Fridge was large. Shower was good, bed comfortable. All good.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Hashingbaby

Thank you for your lovely review - we are so happy to hear your stay was great!
Best regards from all of us at the Aquarius

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

This small hotel is located in the central of Lapad, which means, 5 minutes walk to Lapad beach, promenade with line of restaurants, a bus stop to Old City, supermarket. I stayed only 2 nights, though I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Swimming pool was refreshing, especially after walking all day, covered in sweat or salty water from the beach. I swam both days close to 6 pm and I had the pool all by myself. I was able to satisfy my inner triathlete and did laps.
Staff were very nice, professional and attentive. Breakfast buffet in the morning has wide selections, eggs, bacon, ham, cereal, pastries, toast, fruit, yoghurt, juices, coffee & tea.
I had dinner in the hotel restaurant the say I arrived, and food was delicious (I ordered duck breast with sauce), and I received very attentive service.
My room was small, not extra space available with a double bed. AC inside was a little bit noisy, after awhile I zoned out.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Aquarius Dubrov... H, Manager at Hotel Aquarius Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Thank you for your kind comments - we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

The staff were friendly and helpful and you could easily relax in this little hotel as a solo traveler.
I loved the tiny verandahs and shutter Windows and room furnishings were good quality.

Breakfasts were delicious as was the restaurant Sea Bass and complimentary walnut liqueur.

Tip: Best to get a room in the actual hotel rather than be booked in the Apartments next door )as I was on my second stay). They are too far from reception and amenities and on a dark night it is quite a walk.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Aquarius Dubrov... H, Manager at Hotel Aquarius Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Thank you for your impressions!

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

We've just stayed 6 nights at the hotel Aquarius Dubrovnik, the location is perfect as its a short stroll to many restaurants, local shops and bus stop. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Our room was nicely set out, comfy bed. The hotel has very recently put a new pool in which is kept spotlessly clean. We ate most evenings at the hotel restaurant as the food was very nice and the service great. The only negative comment I would make is in the daily cleaning of the rooms, although our towels were changed the actual bathroom wasn't really cleaned at all during our stay and the hotel soaps etc were not replaced at all,fortunately we had our own so, housekeeping of the rooms really is an area that needs addressing. Other than that, our stay was perfect.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Aquarius Dubrov... H, Manager at Hotel Aquarius Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Thank you for your lovely feedback, as well as constructive suggestions!
We hope your next stay at the Aquarius will be perfect.
All the best from Dubrovnik!