After our arrival my husband and I took the airport bus to Dubrovnik, very efficient and the bus stop, West or Pile Gate, is close to the hotel.
There was a friendly welcome and we were immediately upgraded to the executive floor due to my Diamond HHonors status. Our room was fantastic, spacious, well furnished, with a living area, a good size bathroom, good quality King bed and a lovely balcony. From here we could not only see the Adriatic Sea but also great part of the old town. We also found in our room a welcome letter and delicious presents.
We were there end of February on a weekend break and it was very quiet in the hotel and also in the executive lounge. In the afternoon they have a sort of high tea (was also reasonable priced in the restaurant) and in the evening hot and cold snacks. Drinks (even alcoholic) were all day available and they have an excellent coffee machine. Because there were not many quests that time, we were requested to have breakfast in the restaurant and that was very good with lots of choices. We had dinner one night in the restaurant and that was nice as well. Service from all the staff was very professional, excellent and friendly.
The location couldn’t be better; the entrance to the old walled town is close by. At arrival we received for free a Dubrovnik Winter Card that offered many discounts.
The only minor part of our stay was that there was no computer in the lounge and I found it expensive when I used the computer in the Business Lounge. (Just on the other side of the road I noticed a cheap Internet café.)
The last day we had to leave very early for our return flight. After we mentioned that we couldn’t have breakfast that early, they ordered breakfast boxes for us, a gesture highly appreciated. We were in the lobby at 05:15 and indeed we were given those boxes with several delicious items. Also the taxi the hotel reserved for us was strict on time.
In all we had a tremendous stay in, what we think, one of the best Hiltons in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton