Second July in a row in Dubrovnik, this year just 4 days and at the Hilton Imperial. Great location, gorgeous building, sizeable rooms, good facilities (except still the Hilton wifi policy of having to pay in the rooms), excellent breakfast, wonderful service - what's no to like? Not a lot really.
The hotel organised our airport transfers on request very quickly. Upon arrival we were very warmly welcomed by Antonio at reception and got our room despite being early to check in. Room was large, had a great sea view as promised and had very effective aircon and was all round well appointed (room 130).
Breakfast was a generous buffet hot and cold, with well trained staff. Also an omelette station, which was great. Outside tables better for breakfast so were of course quite full up if arriving late for breakfast. Nice to see the breakfast served so late ie. until 11am.
Concierge very knowledgeable and helpful too, always seemed attentive and friendly. Same for the porters, bellboys, housekeeping, restaurant staff. Igor in the bar was particularly on good form.
Piece de resistance was the front desk customer service and especially - though by no means uniquely - Antonio. On our last morning we needed to stay longer in th room than the allotted 12 midday checkout (due to illness unfortunately). After a couple of minutes work to find a solution, Antonio and colleagues found a room for us to move to for the day so we could rest until our return transfer to the airport. The room was on the same floor and the same type of room too, and we were helped by staff to move the luggage. No extra charge was made to us for this extended hours' stay at all, despite the hotel being full. Everyone asked if they could do more to help, couldn't have been better looked after. Thank you all round to the team at this Hilton for this great personal care and service. Well done management for instilling such a culture here, keep it up.
We can only thoroughly recommend this hotel. This is not the cheapest, but then everything has a value and a cost, and you know that at the time of booking. Great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton