The reason I love the Hilton experience is that you expect and get a standard service throughout its hotels worldwide. For the most part this works out but now and then there is a glitch. One such glitch was this hotel. I am a diamond member and used my points (quite a few I might add) to book a few nights at this hotel. I hoped for an upgrade but I know that it depends on space available. Well, turns out that I was out of luck. The problem is that I was told (by a really nice and friendly desk clerk) that we were not upgraded because we were staying on points. Not only that but we could only take breakfast in the lounge and not the main breakfast area. Seems that if you are on points in this hotel your diamond state diminishes. Later, when we spoke to the manager he contradicted his front desk by saying that the only reason we were not upgraded was due to space available. [We did wonder at which point the space became unavailable as we booked quite a while in advance.] Our breakfast choice was restored as a kind of concession]. Just as well because despite the managers claim that in many way the lounge breakfast was the better of the two it in fact was one of the more limited that we have experienced. The main breakfast was in fact very good (full marks there). We were also party to conflicting rules in the lounge later. We were seeking a top up of our drinks and waited behind some people whose glasses were being filled. There glasses filled, we were told that we were too late for a refill. The reason why the others got a rink and not us was because they turned up late!! One rule for one and not another. Very minor but annoying. One curious thing was that English-speaking newspapers in the lounge were all photocopied (sometimes up to 50 pages worth).
The room we had was quite large but with a view of the driveway and a darkish room. Not up to what one expects of a 5 star hotel, even if not in an upgraded room. If it wasn't for the location, just outside the old city, it would not have been particularly worth staying. But, as they say, location is everything. If you can stay out late and enjoy yourself the room is less important but if it is cold and rainy then the room can come into its own. We were fortunately not tested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton