“Great hotel”

Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked a three night stay at this hotel but arrived a day late due to a family crisis - we called the hotel and let them know. It wasn't the best of starts to arrive mid morning the next day discover that our room had been sold and we had to wait until 2pm for the guests to vacate. When we insisted that this was unnacceptable and we had a contract for all days the hotel prepped another room within the hour.

We didn't eat in the hotel as we were meeting friends but found the service and all other facilities acceptable and the staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Probably better not to say if you can't make the first night as the temptation for a hotel to re...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMac324
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Imperial for your stay in Dubrovnik. I am pleased to read that matter regarding your reservation was successfully resolved. Should you require any further clarification on that please do not hesitate to contact me direct. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression on our facilities and most importantly the service was good.
We shall look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to Dubrovnik.
Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik

Write a ReviewReviews (3,197)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Imperial with my wife and 13 year old soon as part of a 4 day visit to Dubrovnik. I had researched potential hotels using Trip Advisor and wasn’t disappointed with my choice.

Much has been mentioned about the hotels location and it certainly has an ideal setting, being just a very short stroll to Pile Gate and all the attractions of the Old Town. We stayed at a very busy period and the old town can be hot and packed with tourists, especially with the arrival of cruise ships, so having a short walk back to the tranquility and sanity of the Hilton was a real advantage.

The Check-In at the hotel was friendly and efficient and the service overall was pro-active and attentive with staff keen to offer advice and help. I believe that the hotel was renovated relatively recently and it combines a grand façade with a warm, welcoming and well maintained interior. Our room was an excellent size; comfortable, clean, very quiet and ample enough to easily fit in a fold away bed for our son without feeling cramped. The bathroom was of a good size, well equipped with high quality towels.

One disadvantage is that there is no outside pool which would have been really appreciated after some long hot days. There is a Gym, which although not that large is relatively quiet, well equipped and I certainly had no issues/waiting time with using the equipment.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel and this was a really excellent buffet, with lots of fresh meats, cheeses, fruit and juices from the local surroundings and a choice of hot dishes. It was wonderful being able to eat outside on the terrace and, again, service was attentive without being overbearing. We did try a few ‘sundowners’ in the bar on a couple of days before walking into the old town to eat and it made for a great relaxed start to the evening.

I would thoroughly recommend the Hilton Imperial for its location, comfort, service and relative tranquility away from the beautiful but bustling and touristy Old Town. The downsides are really the lack of an out outside pool and free WiFi but the many benefits more than make up for this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Robesi

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to receive your kind comments. Thank you for complimenting hotel location and quality and choice of breakfast in particular. I am trully happy that to read that the distinctive service special to the Hilton Imperial Hotel has met with your aprooval. Being a listed building we are prohibited from adding any new features to the eisting architecture of the hotel and it's grounds. I am pleased to inform you that we now have free WiFi in the public areas of the hotel which I trust you will enjoy on yoru next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel cannot be faulted for its staff, amenities and location. We had a superb time. The breakfast room staff and the chambermaids were extremely friendly and helpful. The location just outside the city walls was great.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has the best views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to receive your kind comments. It is great to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I’m pleased that you were extremely satisfied with our location, food and service in particular. We shall look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubrovnik.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful visit to Dubrovnik. The Hilton Imperial made our vacation even more enjoyable. All reviewers have mentioned the convenient location and wonderful staff. So true! No matter the time of day we were always greeted with a smile and "can I help you?". The reception, concierge, breakfast staff, and housekeeping were all first rate.

Our king room was extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is abundant and diverse. The dinner selection and price are competitive with what you will find in the better restaurants in the Old Town.

The pool and fitness area are also first rate.

At the airport the shuttle is just outside the front door. 30 minutes to the bus stop one block from the Hilton. The shuttle return requires you to walk up the hill around the Old Town walls to the cable car ticket office, 10 minutes with rolling luggage.

Some travelers enjoy a "back door", B&B experience. If you are looking for guaranteed service, comfort, and convenience on a short trip to Dubrovnik try the Hilton!

Room Tip: The fourth floor was under off season renovation, otherwise this would be an upgrade to consider in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comments on thsi website. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff made the hotel and your stay memorable and enjoyable. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Imperial very soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We travel a lot with my husband staying in big resorts, small properties, etc. in Asia, all Americas, Europe. so we have the opportunity to compare.

Once we arrived at Hilton imperial, you have this strange feeling that, no any other hotels could inject. May be its history, may be the warmth of the staff or the character of the building. I really do not know., but what I know is that, everyday this feeling was getting stimulated inside you. We had a warm welcome from all the s staff we met, irrespective of their designations. After the check in, we headed to our room and it was magnificent, they upgraded us to a room facing the historical old town… it was the beginning of our dream vacation. absolutely better than expected!!. The room was impressive with size and space. A huge bathroom with high ceiling.. Modern and fashion furnishing. An excellent view from the balcony. More than a room, it was a "house" in terms of comfort &. privacy.

The restaurants Porat ?. wow!. The breakfast one of the best in my list ..The only hotel I have seen a breakfast menu on top of the buffet service…, and dinner at Port….was a real dining experience for us. We were planning to go out for dinner but our arrival day dinner experience, did not allow us to do that because we could not fault anything. It is the Varity of food options and the willingness to accommodate requests made us feel great. Service was personalized and attentive. This is something that you do not find in modern day restaurants and hotel cultures. They expect you to eat what they serve you. That is the difference that I was shown in restaurant Porat as they touched my heart with their approach towards me…... They are a different breed of hotel operators, who believes in customer satisfaction by offering something that customers like . Great… please keep it up..

We definitely recommend this hotel for your stay in dubrovnik.

Also another important issue : It is located in the best part of the city The most touristic side of Dubrovnik, close to the old town.. I could throw a stone from my balcony in to the old town…it is so close.

Room Tip: Get a room with a good view to the old city
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on TripAdvisor in regard to yoru recent stay. I will personally relay your feedback to my department Managers so they can inform their teams that their efforts contributed to you enjoyable stay. We try hard to create moments of magic for our guests and I am so pleased to read that we were able to do so for you. I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is for you if:
You want to be close to the old town
Enjoy a lush environment and beautiful scenic view of the old town & the Adriatic sea
Want to have accessibility to everything that Dubrovnik could offer.

This Hote is not for you if:
You are on a budget
Want to be by the Adriatic sea.

We have travelled all over the world, have had the privilege of staying at some of the world's best hotels and I must say that the Hilton Imperial rank right up there with the best of the best. We stayed six nights in January and didn't want to leave. Had a great room with a breathtaking views of the old town and the Adriatic sea. Could not have asked for more. The rooms were beautiful and clean with a huge bathroom larger than some Asian hotel rooms.
The hotel was 5 stars, yes no wireless in the rooms but hopefully this will be resolved in 2013. Staff attentive, personalized, and friendly, went out of their way to assist with last minute requests. The breakfast buffet had many options, and was excellent. In fact we "enjoyed" it so much so that we never needed to eat lunch.
Food was great in Porat restaurant. I really do not understand why guest go out looking for outside options when you have the best restaurant in town under your own roof. Why I say this is I dined two nights in two different restaurant in town called Posat and Cesame, I know what they offer. Then decided to dine inside and I could see a huge difference. It is fresh, clean and tasty. Our waiters knew our favorite dishes and were prompt. Five star restaurant with five star service. I have dine in few Michelin-starred restaurants but never in my life I felt so good as everything was perfect. This is the Michelin starred restaurant in Dubrovnik. The only need to leave the hotel is for excursions. We will definitely return if we have the opportunity.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing old town...Still worth paying the suppliment
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your positive Hilton experience with TripAdvisor readers. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and I’m pleased that you were extremely satisfied with accommodation, service and food in particular. I am honoured to read that it is the people of the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik who made your experience truly exceptional.
We remain at your service for your future visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I experienced excellent customer service even before I arrived for my week's stay at this property. My online pre-arrival enquiries were responded to swiftly and in informative detail (thanks Mia)

The staff can not do enough to help you. The hotel is extremely well run, with the staff being the true asset; always smiling,very helpful with a 'can-do' attitude in delivering excellent customer service. First class all round and far exceeded my expectations. The hotel is Just outside the city walls and only a 2 minute walk into the city. The city is busy during the summer peak season months but its certainly worth a visit for an out of season long weekend break.

The facilities at the hotel are well maintained. The staff in the spa facility were always helpful. I was upgraded on arrival which was a nice touch. i had a really good view of the the terracotta-tiled houses on the mountain.The rooms are well equipped and cleanliness is excellent. I have experience consistently good service in many Hilton properties throughout europe (including Bucharest , Both Budapest hotels and Prague) but this has to rate as being the best to date without doubt. Here it's about a team of people who truly live the values of the Hilton brand!

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Dubrovnik.

Keep up the good work.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Carl W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Imperial for your stay in Dubrovnik and for your kind comments. I am truly happy to read that you appeciated all aspects of our hotel and that our friendly team have managed to meet your expectations in creating the perfect holiday experience for you.
It would only be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Ruhsar Eryoer