“First Class Accommodations”

Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful visit to Dubrovnik. The Hilton Imperial made our vacation even more enjoyable. All reviewers have mentioned the convenient location and wonderful staff. So true! No matter the time of day we were always greeted with a smile and "can I help you?". The reception, concierge, breakfast staff, and housekeeping were all first rate.

Our king room was extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is abundant and diverse. The dinner selection and price are competitive with what you will find in the better restaurants in the Old Town.

The pool and fitness area are also first rate.

At the airport the shuttle is just outside the front door. 30 minutes to the bus stop one block from the Hilton. The shuttle return requires you to walk up the hill around the Old Town walls to the cable car ticket office, 10 minutes with rolling luggage.

Some travelers enjoy a "back door", B&B experience. If you are looking for guaranteed service, comfort, and convenience on a short trip to Dubrovnik try the Hilton!

Room Tip: The fourth floor was under off season renovation, otherwise this would be an upgrade to consider in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comments on thsi website. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff made the hotel and your stay memorable and enjoyable. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Imperial very soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We travel a lot with my husband staying in big resorts, small properties, etc. in Asia, all Americas, Europe. so we have the opportunity to compare.

Once we arrived at Hilton imperial, you have this strange feeling that, no any other hotels could inject. May be its history, may be the warmth of the staff or the character of the building. I really do not know., but what I know is that, everyday this feeling was getting stimulated inside you. We had a warm welcome from all the s staff we met, irrespective of their designations. After the check in, we headed to our room and it was magnificent, they upgraded us to a room facing the historical old town… it was the beginning of our dream vacation. absolutely better than expected!!. The room was impressive with size and space. A huge bathroom with high ceiling.. Modern and fashion furnishing. An excellent view from the balcony. More than a room, it was a "house" in terms of comfort &. privacy.

The restaurants Porat ?. wow!. The breakfast one of the best in my list ..The only hotel I have seen a breakfast menu on top of the buffet service…, and dinner at Port….was a real dining experience for us. We were planning to go out for dinner but our arrival day dinner experience, did not allow us to do that because we could not fault anything. It is the Varity of food options and the willingness to accommodate requests made us feel great. Service was personalized and attentive. This is something that you do not find in modern day restaurants and hotel cultures. They expect you to eat what they serve you. That is the difference that I was shown in restaurant Porat as they touched my heart with their approach towards me…... They are a different breed of hotel operators, who believes in customer satisfaction by offering something that customers like . Great… please keep it up..

We definitely recommend this hotel for your stay in dubrovnik.

Also another important issue : It is located in the best part of the city The most touristic side of Dubrovnik, close to the old town.. I could throw a stone from my balcony in to the old town…it is so close.

Room Tip: Get a room with a good view to the old city
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on TripAdvisor in regard to yoru recent stay. I will personally relay your feedback to my department Managers so they can inform their teams that their efforts contributed to you enjoyable stay. We try hard to create moments of magic for our guests and I am so pleased to read that we were able to do so for you. I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is for you if:
You want to be close to the old town
Enjoy a lush environment and beautiful scenic view of the old town & the Adriatic sea
Want to have accessibility to everything that Dubrovnik could offer.

This Hote is not for you if:
You are on a budget
Want to be by the Adriatic sea.

We have travelled all over the world, have had the privilege of staying at some of the world's best hotels and I must say that the Hilton Imperial rank right up there with the best of the best. We stayed six nights in January and didn't want to leave. Had a great room with a breathtaking views of the old town and the Adriatic sea. Could not have asked for more. The rooms were beautiful and clean with a huge bathroom larger than some Asian hotel rooms.
The hotel was 5 stars, yes no wireless in the rooms but hopefully this will be resolved in 2013. Staff attentive, personalized, and friendly, went out of their way to assist with last minute requests. The breakfast buffet had many options, and was excellent. In fact we "enjoyed" it so much so that we never needed to eat lunch.
Food was great in Porat restaurant. I really do not understand why guest go out looking for outside options when you have the best restaurant in town under your own roof. Why I say this is I dined two nights in two different restaurant in town called Posat and Cesame, I know what they offer. Then decided to dine inside and I could see a huge difference. It is fresh, clean and tasty. Our waiters knew our favorite dishes and were prompt. Five star restaurant with five star service. I have dine in few Michelin-starred restaurants but never in my life I felt so good as everything was perfect. This is the Michelin starred restaurant in Dubrovnik. The only need to leave the hotel is for excursions. We will definitely return if we have the opportunity.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing old town...Still worth paying the suppliment
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your positive Hilton experience with TripAdvisor readers. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and I’m pleased that you were extremely satisfied with accommodation, service and food in particular. I am honoured to read that it is the people of the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik who made your experience truly exceptional.
We remain at your service for your future visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I experienced excellent customer service even before I arrived for my week's stay at this property. My online pre-arrival enquiries were responded to swiftly and in informative detail (thanks Mia)

The staff can not do enough to help you. The hotel is extremely well run, with the staff being the true asset; always smiling,very helpful with a 'can-do' attitude in delivering excellent customer service. First class all round and far exceeded my expectations. The hotel is Just outside the city walls and only a 2 minute walk into the city. The city is busy during the summer peak season months but its certainly worth a visit for an out of season long weekend break.

The facilities at the hotel are well maintained. The staff in the spa facility were always helpful. I was upgraded on arrival which was a nice touch. i had a really good view of the the terracotta-tiled houses on the mountain.The rooms are well equipped and cleanliness is excellent. I have experience consistently good service in many Hilton properties throughout europe (including Bucharest , Both Budapest hotels and Prague) but this has to rate as being the best to date without doubt. Here it's about a team of people who truly live the values of the Hilton brand!

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Dubrovnik.

Keep up the good work.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Carl W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Imperial for your stay in Dubrovnik and for your kind comments. I am truly happy to read that you appeciated all aspects of our hotel and that our friendly team have managed to meet your expectations in creating the perfect holiday experience for you.
It would only be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Ruhsar Eryoer

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here in February. If you can book the 4th floor, the rooms are exquisite, especially those overlooking the Pile gate entrance to the city. Great breakfast, which sets you up for the day. The staff are excellent, nothing is too much trouble. Their half board offer is great value, especially if visitng in the closed season, when a lot of restaurants are shut.

2  Thank SagaloutsTour
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your feedback which is trully appreciated. I am pleased that you were made welcome and comfortable in our hotel. It is our most valued reward to have satisfied guests and to have managed to meet your expectatins. We shall look forward to your future visit to our city and our hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 30 years ago.Then it might have been described as a place of fading splendour.Because of its proximity to the old town we booked this hotel for a weeks stay in October 2012.What a really great trip is was to find an almost perfect place for a relaxing stay.The staff spoke good English,the rooms were clean ,airy and large.Breakfast can be taken on a really pleasant patio and the range of food is extensive.Strange as it may sound it was possible to have a range of Japanese food ,if desired,for breakfast.The Staff were at pains to be helpful.The hotel also has a pleasant pool and fitness centre.All in all a perfect place for a relaxing holiday. 5 minutes from old city entrance,bus staton etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for chosing Hilton Imperial for your stay whilst in Dubrovnik in October 2012. I am very happy to learn that you were plesently surprised with the hoetl's renewed splendour and that you found it comfortable and agreable during your stay. It is our pleasure to have had the opportunity to be of service to you on that occassion. We shall look forwrad to welcoming you back in the near future when we hope to have the pleasure of providing you with an excellent service again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Hilton Dubrovnik has an excellent location, get a room with views to the old city. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The main restaurant is closed in winter which was pity but the bar has a restaurant area on the ground floor. The club lounge was good but the only wines were local produce. Overall I cannot recommend this hotel more highly due to the service given by the staff

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the old city with a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FlyingDentistUK
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent Hilton Imperial experience. I am truly pleased that you appreciated the hotel's comforts and faciliteis and above all, that we managed to meet your expectations. We shall look forward to extending our welcome again on your next visit to Dubrovnik.