“Patron Saint of Throats”

Church of Saint Blaise
Ranked #33 of 175 things to do in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed November 6, 2012

While I was always aware of St Blaise and had my throat blessed each February on his Feast Day. I never recognised that he was also the patron saint of Dubrovnik - Saint Vlahu.

This is a beautiful Church which was built at the beginning of the 18th Century to replace the Church that was destroyed by an earthquake.

I enjoyed the time I spent sitting in the Church in silent prayer. Indeed I felt very much at peace with myself during that time..

1  Thank John H

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a really beautiful church. There are always lots of people loitering on the steps, that's fine though; it can be a great place to sit and have a snack. It's worth checking out in Dubrovnik since it only takes a minute.

1  Thank kira_mclean
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We visited it during the sunday mass and enjoyed watching the domestics and listening to the singing even though we didnt understand a word.

2  Thank Rosie C
Reviewed June 18, 2012

An eye-filling golden organ case in the Church and a very pleasing baroque altar

Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is a nice place to visit and we would recommend spending some time here. However, when we compared it to other churches we have visited in Europe, it's not that memorable.