Amoret Apartments
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Villa Doda(Dubrovnik)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdinka ranjineold citydelightful apartmentflights of stairswater heaterearly checklocation is excellentsmall supermarketwashing machinewonderful staynoiseterracefridgeluggagecroatiakeyshutters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Amoret Apartments two years in a row, twelve days each time. It is preposterous to even insinuate that there are bed bugs at this place!? I suffer from severe allergies and have never had any problems at Amoret Apartments. The bed mattresses are brand new and the bedding was immaculate (we stayed there recently from June 20th to July 1, 2013). The hostess went beyond the call of duty and helped us to familiarize ourselves with the Old City. I highly recommend Amoret Apartments! I will keep coming to this location over and over!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is another one of those diffusion hotels. Not one location but suites scatterred around. Ours was up a sidestreet in the old city behind the cathedral. It was impossible to locate until I went into a grocery store and they called Branka the owner and she met us there. The GPS is useless in the old cities and tells you to drive into pedestrian zones or off cliffs. Anyway I parked the car at the top of the hill and later parked it about 15 minutes away which was quite a trek. The room is in an old building and was large and sparse. There was a unit with stove, sink and mini fridge. There was no view except another house. It was about 50 ft from an opening in the wall leading to a small bar and rocks from which you could jump into the sea.
The bathroom was another story with the toilet and shower up a step and my wife and I fell several times. The bathroom I think was an afterthought. The room was quiet but I could hear the neighbour's bathroom excursions quite clearly. The location was fine and close to the action. Bakery and Centrum around the corner for food. The crowning touch however to the stay was the 2 cockroaches I killed in the room. I know it is an old city but still I have standards when travelling. Maybe Branka has better suites but I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Find out which unit you will be getting. Avoid this one
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigV36
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our second time staying in Dubrovnik at this gem of a location. You couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay - clean, comfortable, very reasonably priced - with an excellent hostess, Branka. You will feel like you are part of the family! Amoret Apartments makes you never want to leave. Definitely stay here when in Dubrovnik, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A reasonable place located within the old city walls, and on flat ground, the access that this place provides couldn't be better. If you're staying for a couple of days, then by all means book this place. Its well located in the old town with a grocery store just around the corner. The apartment itself was nothing great: with no frills, a TV that barley worked (except the 1 time the owner was called to fix it), limited hot water, a tiny badly ventilated bathroom and bed bugs thrown in- it could have been a nightmare had the owner not been so responsive. On our first day there was a stench in the room from the bathroom but it was dealt with within a few hours. She also organized storing our luggage and even called a taxi to drop us to the airport. The fast internet access and effective air-conditioning was another plus.

Our friends and family that have stayed here before had better luck and fewer complaints (they were also located in a different apartment, so my review may not be generalizable). If you're fussy about bathrooms, are sensitive to smells, and want daily cleaning and change of your bedsheets and towels, I would not recommend this place- its far from luxurious. But given the lack of options (price wise) around, and the effort the owners put in, it'll do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for five nights in Amoret #1. Loved the location and the feel of the place.
We had a studio apartment that was very clean and spacious with two windows overlooking the Cathedral square.. It was great to see and listen to the activity below while making your lunch!
"how European" The windows are double pained, so when closed it's quite quiet.
The best part was being able to be inside the walled city before and after the regular tourists come in for the day.
Don't miss the sunrise from out on the harbour slowly spreading over the city.
I booked directly with Branka via email and all went well. I asked her to arrange a taxi to pick us up at the airport and drop at the Polce gate and found our way, it was only a 5 minute walk and the taxi driver called her to let her know he'd dropped us off (taxi E20.00)
A bit tricky to find as there aren't big signs with the names on them, but look for the Amoret Konobo (cafe) and ask them, it's right above the cafe.
Wifi was spotty but it was fine
Door locks are tricky, a double twist is needed so don't be afraid to ask how they work!
Thanks Branca