“Worth a visit.”

Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Rathdrum, Ireland
“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed in Tirena Hotel July 2012 could not find fault with accommodation, food, staff or services. Only draw back is location, a good walk from Dubrovnik harbour and center of things. But still enjoyed and will return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank James B
Nenad M, General Manager at Tirena Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing your say in our hotel with such great marks and comments. We are happy that you have enjoyed your holiday in our hotel and that you are looking forward returning once again.
Until that occasion we send you best regards from the entire Tirena team.
Nenad Maric
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed here for two nights.Rooms are spacious and clean.Although we have requested a king bed while purchasing the tour , they gave us a room with combined twin beds which was uncomfortable since we are couple.The bathroom has enough space.The room has a nice small balcony overlooking the garden.The breakfast saloon is spacious and there is enough variety.I have to mention that because of the show kitchen in the middle of the saloon you can smell fried food everywhere which is uncomfortable.On our check out date when i asked to keep my luggage for two hours front desk forward me to luggage room which is accessable by anybody, without offering me a luggage ticket.That was not secure so i decided to put my luggage back to my room.Overall it was not bad but there is some issues to be solved.

Room Tip: The location of the rooms are a bit confusing so its better to ask for help upon check in..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Astinus
Nenad M, General Manager at Tirena Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing hotel Tirena for your vacation in Dubrovnik and also I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your impressions in writing on Trip advisor.
In accordance your comments we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services, and they are great help in achieving improvements as we try to constantly improve the level of our services and facilities.
Hopefully you will be our guest in the future so you can see some of the improvements by yourself.
Best regards from Dubrovnik,
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks in June 2012. The hotel was to our liking, the rooms were OK, the food terrific, hotel very clean, and the pool was excellent, with a nice bar for drinks and snacks.
The staff were very friendly, and we think Zeljko should be made the hotel manager!!
We did ask to change our room on arrival as there was no view apart from looking at the hotel corridor. The room we ended up in was very nice, looking out over a park.
We stayed in June. I hate to imagine how crowded the buses into Dubrovnik would get in July and August, but worth the hastle to see Dubrovnik. If you want to walk in to town it takes about an hour.
Would recommend Dubrovnik. There are some good places to swim in the sea within a 20 minute walk, and the visits to various Islands make a good day out.

Room Tip: Room to back of hotel looking out over the park
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank keith c
Nenad M, General Manager at Tirena Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Keith,
Thank you very much for leaving your comment regarding your vacation in our hotel. I am happy to read such great comments regarding our level of service , food quality and especially staff politeness and service quality. I am also very happy that you have pointed out Željko who is doing a remarkable job with all of our guests at his post at the reception.
I hope that you took some long lasting memories of our hotel and all of us hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards from Tirena
Thurles, Ireland
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed in October 2012 towards the end of the season, booked through Booking.com and chose it for its value, good reviews and location. On arrival found it as stated and it was a clean, very comfortable hotel with a stroll providing bus links direct to the Old Town. Reception were helpful and overall the staff were slick and professional. Towels were replaced as required and bar service was fast and pleasant ( may be different in high season ). I really enjoyed the breakfast every day and the selection as mentioned elsewhere was huge with something for everyone - the chef cooking fresh fry, pancakes and egg dishes was a nice touch and other touches like the weight descriptions of various cold meats, butters etc ( Handy for the dieters) were evident of the professional standards encouraged by this group of hotels.

The sister hotels in the area do offer further facilities which you can make use of, we spent a lovely afternoon on the private beach of the President Hotel which has a lift down to the beach which is great as the other two beaches on the complex are very steep walks. The Tirena is much more basic but is a lot cheaper but standards are the same which is the main thing.

The hotel is a bit of a maze but you do get used to it but unless you strike lucky you are in for a walk, the only other downsides are its a walk to the pool and no lift services the eating area so expect plenty of walking and whilst the bus stop is only a stroll it is quite steep for those with mobility concerns.

I therefore would have had no hesitation in recommending this hotel fulfilling as it did the three basic considerations I look for when city breaking VALUE,CLEAN,LOCATION.

However I did have 1 problem which was that on arrival I swiped my card to pre - authorize the cost of my stay and on check out paid this amount, I was happy, hotel was happy alas on getting back to Ireland found my card had been stopped by my bank as pre authorization was still in place despite having paid requested amount by card. Card was linked to checking account which I only use to pay bills etc so funds for other direct debits were held because hotel had not cleared the bill correctly. This caused a lot of hassle and cost, involved my branch, the bank fraud dept and its HQ but I must state the Hotel Tirena responded quickly to my email and whilst at a loss to explain how this occured did response and rang. Next time I will pay cash indeed it is a mark of the hotel and its area that I would even consider coming back after that amount of grief but Dubrovnik is well worth a second visit and I imagine this hotel would be a lot more lively and fun earlier in the season.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank irishcitybreaker
Nenad M, General Manager at Tirena Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for leaving your review regarding your stay at our hotel for the whole TripAdvisor community. We are happy to read that you were pleased with your stay and especially with the staff service and the quality of the food provided. We are also very happy to read that you have used the facilities of our sister hotels as well. I am personally sorry to hear about the problem that has occurred with the bank pre-authorization but I was very happy to hear that everything was fixed swiftly.
All of us at the hotel hope to welcome you again in our hotel and as you said the hotel and Dubrovnik is much livelier during the summer season and I hope that you will be our guest at that time.
Until then, I send you warm regards from the entire Tirena staff
Fermanagh
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 days on a Travel Department holiday. Modern, very clean hotel. Rooms more than adequate. Great choice of fresh food each day. Pleasant, friendly staff. Overall great hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank ErneBelle
Nenad M, General Manager at Tirena Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel.
Our entire team highly appreciate your comments and high grades and we hope that your fine memories of your holiday in our hotel last forever.
We really hope that we will welcome you again in the future and until then I am sending warm regards from the entire Tirena staff.

England
Reviewed November 2, 2012

It is on the Babin Kuk peninsula which is close to Dubrovnik and there is a regular direct bus into town. Cheaper if you buy from kiosks before you ride! Benefits are that there are several holiday complexes around for eating and entertainment as well as shops round the back of the hotel but you area a little way from the city if you wish to fully immerse your self in the Dubrovnik experience. However price is good and the staff were helpful and there was free internet though this was a little patchy in the room. My room was a far distance from the reception indeed being a big hotel I nearly needed a map to find it. Down several flights of stairs.Perhaps check where you are if you are less mobile, It was a good size with everything you would expect though we had heavy rain one night and there were signs of damp. Nice swimming pool

Room Tip: Check how far you are from reception especially if you have lots of luggage or aren't that mobil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bluem5
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very happy to read that you found our staff to be very helpful and that the value for money was very satisfying for You.
Hopefully you will be our guest again in the future so we can accommodate you much closer to the reception area, and I hope that you have left a part of our city undiscovered so we can host you soon.
Until then I send you best regards from the entire Tirena staff.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 20, 2012

we stayed in the Tirena Hotel from the 8th -15th October we found the hotel to be spotless both the rooms and the restaurant and the reception area, the staff were extremely helpfull nothing was a problem they helped you every time, the girl in the shop who sold the bus tickets was very friendly and had good english, the food was varied and well cooked if you ate dinner there every night it could become a bit repetitive but it was perfect for breakfast.

It was great to have the use of the other sister hotels in the area, lovely beach area at the back of the President hotel, the bus is very convienient into the old town it runs very regularly and is quite cheap, Croatia overall was very expensive as a holiday destination that would be my only complaint,

The Tirena hotel is well worth a visit and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: ask for room 309
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gergallagher
Nenad M, General Manager at Tirena Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing hotel Tirena for your stay in Dubrovnik and for the time you took to write this review.
We are happy our friendly staff and good service made your stay in Dubrovnik enjoyable and you had a chance to experience our other hotels as well!

Mostly I am proud to hear that you would recommend hotel Tirena to other guests and I really hope you will stay with us again as well.

Best regards from the whole Tirena staff,