“Loved it!”

Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
London, England, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

In Dubovnik for a conference and chose this hotel as it was away form the main event - what a good decision!! Lovely people really eager to help, absolutely immaculate rooms and public areas, nice breakfast and great facilities including a dive school, cliff path and stunning roof terrace overlooking approach to the harbour. No4 bus goes up and down to the Old Town every 10mins so no need to shell out for taxis. Really can't fault it. Looking forward to coming back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is some way from the famous "old town", but not too far away. There is plenty of interest nearby as well as a good bus service to Dubrovnik proper.
The highlight of the hotel is the spectacular view across the sea, especially at sunset. The reception area has a hundred-foot glass wall so you can watch the sun get its dunking in the sea every 24 hours or so! Our room boasted the same view, but from a little lower down.
The room was very comfortable and included all usual facilities. The veranda was also very pleasant.
We found the food in the hotel very good. Although we didn't try the restaurants for dinner we did order room service and were very happy with it.

Room Tip: A higher floor gives you a better view of the sea.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed for four nights in a junior suite and enjoyed our stay . First impressions of the room was that it was dull and the bedspreads were a little worn. The mattresses proved to be the most comfortable ones we have ever slept on. We had two bathrooms, two tv's, two wardrobes and two balconies as it was really two rooms that had been opened up to make one bigger one. The breakfast had a wide choice of cooked and cold buffet food including cereals and toast and I could not fault it. We ate in both the beach restaurant and the Light and lean bar and the food was excellent in both of these too. The indoor pool and spa facilities have a very relaxing atmosphere and are very useful when the weather is bad as it was on one day of our visit. The staff were friendly and helpful whenever we needed anything. I would definately stay again at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Varazdin, Croatia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

First I would like to say that this hotel has a nice location, and that the food was good, but evrything else sucks. I have booked a double room in this hotel, and I have get one, yes taths true, but in this room the paint was falling down from the ceiling, the chairs where old on the balcony so when I took sit I collapsed through the seat, and I was happy that I have not hurt my self. And the best one the housekeeping entered my room wihtout waiting for my answer to get in so, she just entered the room and found me naked because I was at this moment on the way to change my clothes. I made a complaint at the reception and I have get un upgrade to Junior suite.
It was a nice one at the first look. The balcony was dirty, I guess nobody cleaned it for last 2 months, on the small white table on the balcony I found 6 long black hairs ( must be from the guest that have been before me in this Suite, the curtains where half hanging down, they have not been placed like they should be. The wooden frame of the big door beetwen two rooms in my Suite where broken. So I had no luck at all with this hotel, and I would not recomand you this one as long they will not invest some money to fix all that whats wrong in this " 5 star " hotel. There are some more things that happend to me on this hotel but it would take me to long to wrtie them all down, but there is one more : something went wrong with the phones in the hotel, so the most incoming calls for the reception have been forwarded to my room ... WTF

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kristian K
Drammen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice hotel with a nice location just outside the center of Dubrovnik.
The rooms were nice (we had the Junior Suite) with a good size balcony and great ocean view.
We went hiking on the trails around the hotel and got a great view of Dubrovnik and we played tennis and enjoyed the spa and inside pool. 3 restaurants in the hotel were open in October (5 in season) and there was the wide variety of different dishes, we can recommend the Chicken Wok in the restaurant on the top floor. Room service was also available 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: I can recomend the Junior Suite. I think all the rooms on the hotel had a view to the sea.
Hamilton UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The place itself is great, if a little out of town. The room service food, on the other hand, is just not up to the mark. Room service was fast but slipshod and quality was just edible.......... barely. I suppose that's what to expect from kitchen which tries to be " all things " in a relatively short timeframe. The breakfast buffet is of a very high standard and is timed from 6 am to 10.30 am. They cannot do enough to accommodate you. Restaurant meals for lunch and evening are pricey. The standard of the rooms is very high; spotless and maintained every day. The " smile " quotient is very high from the staff. For an hotel immediate to the Adriatic sea I was surprised as to the limited choice and high price of seafood.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor.........
1 Thank ves300
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights on our recent trip. Found it a perfect combination of easy access to the old town from the local bus outside the door, great for walks around the coast of Lapad and to the cruise liner port of Gruz and also to be able to enjoy the sunshine by the pool. Breakfasts were great, staff attentive and very welcoming. However bear in mind that the hotel does get very very busy with conferences and the attending delegates, security etc can at times feel very over whelming. We certainly found that during 2 of our 7 days the delegates greatly outnumbered the holiday makers which means that if you pick the wrong time to come to breakfast or between 5-7pm the pool area becomes extremely busy.

Room Tip: ask for a room in an upper floor to maximise the view
2 Thank SAS12345