I had a positive experience of staying in Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, especially I would like to mention personnel and management quality of work in main restaurant during breakfest. These guys are perfect in making welcoming atmosphere, I felt as a guest rather than a client every single day.
Great welcoming by hotel transfer service - the driver gave me a lot of useful information about the area, transpots and spots to see. He really made my morning by a friendly chat.
One comment on the guests reception and check in. I know it's a rule, but there would be great if possibly there was a solution for the case like mine. Moscow flight arrived to Dubrovnik at 8 AM (that means I woke up at 3:30AM my time) and I got so tired wondering around the hotel till 2 pm. I tried to use Complimentary room, but there was no chance to lock it (to use bathroom or shower and noone to ask about keys. I tried to ask room service lady that was passing by, but she had no idea (good idea with room, but something needs to be improved to really make it work). And at the reception during check in in mornings, asking client to wait it would be great to explain guests what choices they have to shorten the waiting time . As I always feel a bit unsure in new places, it was uncomfortable to search by myself where restaurants are, to find out their work hours, where to the the water while beach bar is closed (starts at 10am), where to get the towel and so on (cause normally people get all this info in the room and I had half a day before I could get an access to it :)). And since the reception is on 8th floor you wouldn't go there every time you have a question. So by 2 pm I was simply falling asleep and was so exhausted that it spoiled my first day experience. Perhaps some short FAQ letter to such guests would be a good thing (that's why I put average for quality of welcome).
About the room - I really enjoyed the sea view and privacy of the balcony (that there are no shared balconies or something like that). There's something special about feeling free to open windows and enjoy sitting on the balcony watching the sea without thinking if your neighbours from other rooms would see you.
Although I would say that room furntiture is a bit old style and decor is too simple for 5 star. I was a bit upset when saw a hair dryier (my room was 525 I guess) it is totaly broken and it is so visible), this is not a picture from 5 star hotel. I must say I got a good hair dryier immediately when contacted a reception, but perhaps leaving it in the room, before customer starts to worry about comfort, would be a good idea. For us girls it's quite important to have a good hair dryier during beach vacations :)
To be fair - I have to mention crispy absolutely white and brand new towels in the bathroom, really enjoyed the quantity as well (a set of big, middle size and small ones) - perfect!
As I said I enjoyed dining experience, the service in all 3 restaurants is excellent, I was cared and treated like a friend:
- Great quality of food in healthy bar near the spa, the menu is delicious (salmon, soups and salads) and the host is very positive.
- Great view and atmosphere in restaurant on first floor near the sea (a food a little bit too salty to my taste, but last day I asked the waiter to prepare my fish without salt and it made my dinner perfect).
- And, of course, I was so amazed by a bird nest with little chicks right outside the window of main restaurant! But as I said, since the personnel there is just outstandining in their hospitality I quite understand why they decided to be so close :) Breakfest choice is very reach.
I visited SPA and had Anti Stress cocoon treatment and enjoyed it a lot. This was a first time when I tried 4 hands massage and the staff knows the work very well, absolutely relaxing and what I appreciated very much employees really cared about my comfort and privacy.
And to finish the review - the location of the hotel is great, stunning views away from more noisy and busy touristic areas of Old Town, the smell of pine trees, unbelievable sunsets and salty fresh breeze from the sea in your room makes vacations a true change and recreation for the mind and body.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beautiful peninsula of Lapad, the hotel's dramatic cliffside location, below the aromatic, pine-covered Petka woods, affords spectacular views in every direction.Fully renovated in 2014, each of the 308 contemporary rooms and suites all have private balconies and beautiful sea views. Great food and excellent service prevail. During your stay, you will be tempted to try out everything that is on offer: four swimming pools, one of which is indoors, a private beach, tennis courts, fabulous snorkeling and a PADI diving centre, as well as a leafy jogging path and walking routes through the woods behind the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Dubrovnik Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dubrovnik Palace Hotel