“Wonderful hotel. Great staff, beautiful location and the bus stops right out front! ;)”

Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed at this incredible hotel in Sept-Oct 2012. The weather was amazing, sunny and toasty warm (80s) every day for 12 days, can't beat that. The hotel overlooks the gorgeous blue/turquoise Adriatic. The pool onsite is wonderful and it's easy to get around town.
Don't come here if you are looking for sandy beaches, it is on the rocks and a bit rough, but the pool is clean and crisp.

We got to meet and hang out with the entire film crew of "Game of Thorns" the week we were there.

It is a high end hotel, but not quite the 5 Star that we would expect in the states.

Still a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank NikaNumber1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel did not feel at all like a 5 star hotel. The staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes. The beach area was small and quite rocky. The pool was huge and the views amazing, though it was almost impossible to find an empty lounge chair. We had to wake up extra early and leave our towels on a chair, although signs warn that your things will be removed from unoccupied chairs. The food was terrible and overpriced. Thank goodness the town is a short bus ride away. Overall, maybe 5 star hotel by Crotian standards, but certainly not by mine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Nycgal408
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The view is wonderful! Watching the sunset in this hotel is one of the few beauties of life!
I came with my wife, and spent a couple of weeks in this hotel.
We stayed in a suite and it was really, really beautiful. I cannot describe the views so I'll just post a picture of the view from my room that I took during my stay. The service was really kind towards us. The breakfast was really good, they had a wide variety of things.
I could also workout in their gym, it is not huge but they have treadmills, dumbbells and other basic machines. After that I could relax in their interior pool. It is really peaceful and you can really enjoy it. I also played tennis, they provide you with rackets and balls since I did not bring mine.

There's no flaw in this hotel, I could say that the worst thing was that the hotel was not right next to the old city of dubrovnik, but then again, they have a free shuttle bus that will get you there in 15 minutes or less! So there is really no flaw!

I am more than delighted with this hotel and I will come back here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Harveyhabbo
Zurich
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Rooms were ok but a little dated. Bathroom was average, we found anta cawling on the side of the bathtub. The showerhead needed to be replaced. The breakfast buffet was good, with a good selection of food. Beach was ok, in the summer it gets very hot due to the concrete floor. The best thing about this hotel is the view which is great from the rooms and lobby. Staff are friendly and helpful but I think their efficiency could be improved.

Room Tip: get a room higher up for a better view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Andi450
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The views from Dubrovnik Palace are breathtaking! My husband and I had a weekend getaway, without the kids, and every evening we had a glass of wine and relaxed on our balcony to watch the sunset. I had read other reviews in advance and had requested a room on high floor, and it was ready for us when we arrived. The service was excellent, all the staff (and especially front desk) went out of their way to assist us with whatever we needed. And all with a smile!
The hotel is a bit away from old town, but the bus stop is literally in front of the hotel, and it's only a 10-15 min ride. It takes longer than that to catch a cab in midtown NYC. Price was at a premium for Croatia, but I thought pretty reasonable overall, and included breakfast had a lot of choices (even for my picky eater husband).
The hotel appeared a 5 star, especially the fabulous pool area, and the reception, but the rooms are a bit dated. More 70s/80s Eastern European than luxe resort. It was fine for us, we only slept there and enjoyed the balcony sunsets, but just want to manage your expectations on bathroom decor and closet space. We never did manage to figure out the tv, which was probably just as well.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway. Don't be scared by bus transit to/from old town, it is completely manageable, and I think it is much nicer not to be among the tourist throngs.

Room Tip: high floors, for the best views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bmart88
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days in October 2012 - and what a nice short break it was! The rooms were nice and clean, the bathroom was a good size and again clean. One of the things I absolutely loved were the views from the hotel - the rooms all have balconies towards the Adriatic so every morning I rushed out to the balcony to enjoy the breathtaking view.
There was a wide variety available for breakfast and we always found a nice spot next to the windows. (I really loved this one muesli they had and couldn't get enough of it!)
The old town is only a 10 minute bus ride away which is close enough if you want to spend the day/evening in the the old town but also far enough so Lapad didn't get any of the hustle and bustle but was very calm and relaxing.
The outdoor pool area is just really lovely. We enjoyed relaxing next to the pool and listening to the sound of the sea. Also you can access the sea from the hotel premises directly which is quite nice. The spa facilities are excellent - a good place to get pampered. We watched the sunset from here on our first night and it was just incredible!
The staff were all very friendly and accommodating.

We really enjoyed our stay here and look forward to going there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank scoobydooby1
NY, NY
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was here the first week of September for a conference and it is a lovely hotel but not 5 stars, although the prices certainly are! Even though I was on business travel I do have to mind my expenses, to that end breakfast being included was a nice bonus and the buffet is quite a spread! The coffee was horrible but I learned day 2 you could order an espresso at no extra charge. I would recommend sticking with the fruits or having an omelet made, sit outside on the balcony, enjoy the view and take a breath before you start your day and eat! Others have commented on the expensive meals (very true) & lack of alternatives (you are at the end of the street with no place closer than a 15 minute walk). Being there for business I didn't really have time for lunch & most dinners were off site with the conference. However I did enjoy 2 lovely meals at the "fancier" restaurant downstairs (see views posted). Our waitress was a delight and made excellent recommendations of both food and local wine, not just pointing at the highest priced items. I did manage to spend a little time at the pool (& pool bar). All but one bartender was silent and sour, took it with a grain of salt, we were served in a timely fashion but none of them, except one man, had any ability for bartender banter or even smiling...that's ok you save on tips that way. As a New Yorker I could not figure out the tipping policy in Dubrovnik so defaulted to 10% if I was pleased and didn't feel I had been ripped off (charging for bread & knife rental).
The public areas in the hotel are nice, if a little dated, clean and the staff (outside of the pool bar) is very friendly and they really can't do enough for you. I read about lack of clean glasses, did not have that problem but I did see our used glasses by the service elevator for a day. I would suggest any short comings with service is lack of knowledge not lack of willingness; if I asked I received, quickly too.
I also agree with the prices, they have figured out the conference hotel game but that's alright because thanks to TripAdvisor you will now know that with a quick bus ride (buy your ticket at the front desk of the hotel) or a 15 minute stroll down the street there are options! Check out Lapad beach for a tasty economical lunch & a frozen beer. Leave hotel, walk to the bottom of the hill, bear (look, lean) left at the intersection (a hard right takes you to Old Town) on the left side of the street you'll see a sign for Frozen Beer (it's really cold), follow dirt path toward restaurant, sit, eat, drink & enjoy the beautiful view! Seafood, pizza (no, really good) & COLD beer! Pizza is large enough for two people. Compare: 4 beers at the hotel pool bar = 80kn; 4 LARGE frozen beers & 1 pizza = 90kn
Getting back to the hotel, very pricy but great for a business trip. Nice bonus as mentioned by other reviewers ALL rooms face the ocean & have a balcony large enough for a table with 2 chairs. I was on the 2nd floor and the view was lovely, but thanks to breakfast I did get a daily treat to the view form the top floor! That is the other quirk, the lobby is on street level as you approach the hotel but once inside you will learn that it's actually the 9th floor, with the entire hotel (except conference & large dinning hall) being below you!
Enjoy!