Ways to Experience Island of Lokrum
from $23.88
from $29.11
from $31.27
7,655 results
All reviews dead sea botanical gardens iron throne nudist beach nature reserve every half hour salt lake game of thrones wild peacocks minute ferry ride benedictine monastery rocky beaches old port day trip few hours on the rocks dubrovnik harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A 10 minute ferry trip from Old City Dubrovnik. There are frequent ferry crossings. A beautiful tranquil Island. Beaches to sings the and nice swimming areas. Cool places under trees to sit. Cafe and Restaurant on Island. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent most of the day on this lovely island. Its was a hot day but the place has loads of shade and is so quiet. great place to go to get away from busy old town. Its a quick boat ride from the old town port. We went on a Friday but over the weekend i noticed how long the boat queue was. There are private local boats that will take you over if you don't want to take the big boat.
We started our visit with a quick brunch and the first restaurant you come to from the boat. Lovely food as we just had hot drinks and a roll. Tho my friend had the cheese board and it looked amazing. Very friendly and quick service from a nice young man. I did notice they did cheap cocktail hour later in the day.
There are loads of beaches and we did have paddle in the sea. Bring your costumes and rubber shoes and all the beaches are stony or have rocks to climb up. Well worth it tho.
There are loads of rabbits and the odd peacock walking around. We even saw one steal pizza of a guests plate.
We took the walk up the fort Royal. Not an easy climb. Not for anyone with walking problems. No real path but it looks like they are trying to lay one. Well worth it as the view from the top is amazing. Take water up with you as there is nothing up there when you arrive. Don't forget your camera.
I enjoyed the game of thrones exhibition. You can also get to seat and have your pic taken on the throne. There is no charge for this which is great. There was no ques unlike some thrones back in the old town. Plus there is an interesting video on where some of the show was filmed on the island.
Lokrum is a must to visit if you have time. I would love to return in the future

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved our day trip here. The boats out are busy but the island feels really quiet. We got an extra 20% off the €150 each ferry fare with our 3 day Dubrovnik cards (definitely a good buy!). We had a wander, did some swimming and snorkelling and climbed up to the fort.
Things I’d suggest after visiting:
- I’d read that you should wear good shoes, but didn’t think much of this as I walk miles in sandals. The paths have loose rocks and to get to the rocks to sunbathe you need to jump from rock to rock, so I definitely wished I’d worn more supportive shoes such as trainers.
- Bring water shoes. There are steps from the rocks to the water, and there are more rocks once you get in. We had brought water shoes with us and I’m glad that we did.
- Bring a backpack, not a beach bag. If you want to get to the coastline to swim, it would be easier to hop/clamber up rocks with a bag pack (I regretted bringing my more stylish shoulder bag)
- The rocks just after the monastery either side of the jetty where the jet skis set off was the best place we found for swimming

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I think one of my tour books said that Lokrum was the island that took the least brain power to visit from Dubrovnik. So in our jet-lagged state, we hoped on a boat and went to Lokrum. In hindsight, we wished we had investigated other islands. Lokrum is pleasant, with the roaming peacocks and all, but nothing spectacular. There is a nude bathing area for those so inclined.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited Lokrum on our final day in Dubrovnik and were very glad we did. We nearly didn't make it as the boats only took cash and we were running low, but luckily found an extra 50 Kuna hidden away!

We got on the first boat of the day as we wanted to do a bit of exploring before it got too hot/busy. The island is the perfect size, big enough that you can easily find your own space, but not big enough that you could get lost.

The highlight for us was sitting a top Fort Royal looking out over the Adriatic. It was truly one of the greatest views I've ever seen and was well worth the climb up (beware if coming up the stairs that you take a right and follow it round, do not go left as it'll take you on a very uneven and much rougher route).

We made friends with some of the locals (peacocks and rabbits) and the botanical gardens were lovely. The Iron Throne was a nice touch too!

A must do whilst in Dubrovnik.