“Nice people - a must do”

Skar Winery Dubrovnik
Ranked #25 of 160 things to do in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Owner description: Skar - 17th c. old local Shipyard and a Family House, turned in a small Winery that produces Local Wines and Homemade Liqueurs on premise. Taste our Wines & Liqueurs paired with local snacks and have a Great Experience.
Carnforth, United Kingdom
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Nice people - a must do”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We booked the tour based on the recommendation of another Tripadvisor review
The owners were really nice and friendly and very passionate about their wine
Book the tour and you get to see everything
It is only small but it is worth the effort to find it
There are liqeurs to sample as well!!
Best thing for us was how welcome we were made to feel by the owners
The owners tell a good tale about their history which we found very interesting
And the wine we thought was really good
I highly recommend that you book the tour in advance and enjoy it
Just be advised that it is only small but its just a nice place to be

1 Thank gchc_11

Newark, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Spot!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My GF and I found this place at the recommendation of a friend. We were thankful we found it because it was great! They were closed when we arrived, but someone saw us looking sad near the door and went and retrieved the owners who opened it up just for us. They toured us around the facility and walked us through their wines and brandies. If I recall, the tastings were free as well, but we bought a bottle or two of wine anyway. The wine was great and the brandy was tasty. They are really pioneering a concept that works in Napa/Sonoma of having a downtown tasting room where guests can sample a range of their wines. All-in-all, a great visit with very friendly, courteous, knowledgable wine makers.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank John B
Dubrovnik, Croatia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great find”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Chanced upon this tiny winery whilst walking back to Gruz from Lapad. The owner was lovely, telling me about the history of the building and showing me where the wine is produced. I tasted the lemon and cherry liqueurs, both of which we're delicious. No obligation to buy, but couldn't resist the star shaped bottles! Returning later to taste the wine.
Definitely recommend a visit.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lynne P
Fremantle, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

On the waterfront at Lapad, this is one place you definitely want to make a stop at. Although only a single red & white each from this newish winery, the grapes are an ancient & traditional variety. I found both to be absolutely delicious, with great body, herbal notes, and crispy. I bought 4 bottles, and wished I could have fit another into my bags. However, I did manage to find room for 2 of their specialty brandies (the myrtle & sage). Loved this place, and the young owners were so friendly & helpful.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank TraceyInTravelMode
Scotland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Little Spot Next to the Harbour”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely little place. The owner, Mato could not be nicer. We visited the vineyards in Dingac where we sampled several wines but to be honest, this was the best red wine I tried on our trip. We even bought a bottle to take home with us! This place is definitely worth a visit and makes for a nice walk by the harbour too!

2 Thank CManzariUK