“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of Azur Dubrovnik

Azur Dubrovnik
Ranked #28 of 472 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean cuisine with an Asian twist. Located in a quiet lane on the edge of the very busy Dubrovnik old town, Azur serves up delicious, fresh, high quality foods at affordable prices. Every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients that are sourced locally whenever possible
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Without doubt this was our best meal in Dubrovnik. After many over priced and under flavoured meals we finally hit the jackpot. Limited menu which I always find assuring. Just wish we could have visited more than once.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,364)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location, tucked in an alleyway near to one of the ‘hole in the wall’ bars but the food was a bit underwhelming (and not nearly as exciting as it sounded on the menu).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thai is one of my favourite foods and so were excited to try this place. Sorry to say the mains were lacking in flavour - my husband had the meatballs in curry sauce and I had the veggie main. We both had to add seasoning to give a decent flavour.
The service was very good but you need to enjoy the food to get a decent score

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As it says in the title, impeccable and polite service, however for me, the food was lacking.

Many other reviews remarked upon the uniqueness of the cuisine ... perhaps maybe I’ve been spoilt with the UK’s excellent selection of Asian eateries ... but to me, Azur was just average.
Nothing different to my local Thai, or a Jap fusion chain like Wagamama.
The only reason for the three stars is that the price is disproportionately high, and although the food is pleasant enough, it does not warrant the price tag.
Nice concept, and certainly different against a backdrop of Croatian restaurants, but pretty vanilla in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry :-(

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We found dining in Dubrovnik to be a bit more of a challenge than you might expect. In general prices are high and overall quality is quite average. The one exception we found was Azur. The pork tacos on the appetizer menu were extremely flavorful and fresh. We also shared the crispy salmon and Laksa dish. The salmon especially was one of the best I have eaten.

If you are struggling to find a stand out restaurant at a (mostly) reasonable price, Azur is perfect for you. Easily the best meal we had in Dubrovnik.