“Excellent overall experience”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A party of five had a great supper with a nice bottle of wine and I think its one of top five restaurants (Japanese) in Croatia...

Big bravo for the couple owning the restaurant and cooking these great dishes...

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Unfortunately, the steamed rice I ordered never arrived, so though I enjoyed my chicken teriyaki I was still hungry at the end of the meal. To be fair, the waiter gave me dessert 'on the house', but a small sweet was never going to take the place of the absent side dish. My companion's fried chicken tasted good, but the three Japanese sauces were bland and similar, so they could learn a thing or two from Colonel Sanders

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Shizuku makes the most of the plentiful fresh fish in Dubrovnik. Def worth a visit. The restaurant is inviting, the service is great and the food so fresh and fantastic.

1  Thank Louise N
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We tried this restaurant as an alternative to the usual grilled meat/fish fare in Dubrovnik.
I would advise reserving a table because the restaurant was full up and we were lucky to get a table between customers. Whilst I am not a Connoisseur of Japanese cuisine this meal tasted reasonably authentic to our taste buds.
The décor and table wear is very pleasant and of good quality. The service was exceptional - the waiter gave us a lesson on using chopsticks which was very helpful.
We had sushi as a starter and I had chicken teriyaki as a main. My husband had the Beef, and the green tea ice cream for dessert. All the food tasted fresh and vibrant. You can either order as a traditional starter/main course or mix and match.
The check was an average amount for Dubrovnik.
I hope this restaurant thrives and becomes a mainstay of the area as it is different and the food is of excellent quality.

5  Thank blueandwhitehoops
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Enjoyed a nice change from the traditional Croatian food. Food was beautifully prepared. Serve was great and the atmosphere was nice. Prices were very reasonable. Best Asian food in the region.