“Nice atmosphere but they did not excel”

Shizuku Japanese cuisine
Ranked #32 of 416 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Working time : Tuesday-Sunday 17:00-00:00. Last seating at 22:30, kitchen close at 23:00. Monday closed. To avoid disappointment, please send us reservation requests latest few days in advance on your arrival day during summer season.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Unfortunately, the steamed rice I ordered never arrived, so though I enjoyed my chicken teriyaki I was still hungry at the end of the meal. To be fair, the waiter gave me dessert 'on the house', but a small sweet was never going to take the place of the absent side dish. My companion's fried chicken tasted good, but the three Japanese sauces were bland and similar, so they could learn a thing or two from Colonel Sanders

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Shizuku makes the most of the plentiful fresh fish in Dubrovnik. Def worth a visit. The restaurant is inviting, the service is great and the food so fresh and fantastic.

1  Thank Louise N
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We tried this restaurant as an alternative to the usual grilled meat/fish fare in Dubrovnik.
I would advise reserving a table because the restaurant was full up and we were lucky to get a table between customers. Whilst I am not a Connoisseur of Japanese cuisine this meal tasted reasonably authentic to our taste buds.
The décor and table wear is very pleasant and of good quality. The service was exceptional - the waiter gave us a lesson on using chopsticks which was very helpful.
We had sushi as a starter and I had chicken teriyaki as a main. My husband had the Beef, and the green tea ice cream for dessert. All the food tasted fresh and vibrant. You can either order as a traditional starter/main course or mix and match.
The check was an average amount for Dubrovnik.
I hope this restaurant thrives and becomes a mainstay of the area as it is different and the food is of excellent quality.

5  Thank blueandwhitehoops
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Enjoyed a nice change from the traditional Croatian food. Food was beautifully prepared. Serve was great and the atmosphere was nice. Prices were very reasonable. Best Asian food in the region.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had the Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce for 64.50 kuna. We also ordered the rice and miso soup add on for 20 kuna. The meal was delicious, probably the best Chicken Teriyaki I've had. The rice was perfectly cooked and the soup was very tasty too. The portion was large, and very filling. Great value. The staff were friendly and the restaurant was nicely decorated. Don't miss out on eating here!

1  Thank d-eilatan