All reviews bed dorm annex building common room social aspect mixed dorm old town mostar tour booking tours staff was friendly and helpful buza gate place to stay perfect location common areas toilet and shower kings landing outdoor terrace within the walls
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Number one!!! For sure! Amazing experience, wonderful staff and good memories from sunset hike!
Thank you Matea, Ana, Meggie, Diana and Caitlin for great experience in the old town!
I will miss Dubrovnik!

Room tip: Top room for stunning view.
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I arrived in Dubrovnik really late after being delayed on the boat so they arranged for Luis to meet me at Pile Gate as my bag was heavy. I stayed in the annex building which was better as it’s right in the middle of everything. The hostel was clean and the showers were great! The only downside was that it was slightly noisy but it is a central location. I’d stay here again,

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Emmab22
Reviewed August 28, 2018

For me it was one of my first stays in a hostel where I didn’t know the people beforehand and after this experience it is definitely not the last time.
The communication with the hostel before my stay was very good, they informed me properly about my stay and they answered my questions promptly.
I had an easy check-in and as I arrived very early I could leave my baggage at the reception until I was able to go to my room. As you probably heard from others there is an annex building, it is quite on the other side of the old town, but as the old town is not so big it won’t take you long to get there, especially as one of the hostel staff will accompany you there. To be honest the location of the annex building was even a bit better as you don’t have to walk all these stairs.
Out of the three people I met from the hostel staff everyone was very friendly and helpful. At the beginning they told me some good food recommendations and also told me what I can do in Dubrovnik.
The room and the bathrooms were very clean and you get a towel from the hostel. There is a kitchen with the most relevant things and a nice balcony/terrasse to hang out.
For the lockers you will need to bring your own lock with you, but generally I felt very safe there.
Thank you very much for this great stay, I really enjoyed it and couldn’t have asked for more.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Other reviewers have said the same, but it's worth reiterating - the hostel is divided between two locations in the old town, about 5 minutes walk apart. You check in at the primary location but may have a room in the annex building.
The main hostel building is tucked away in the corner of the old town, but the management team send you clear instructions beforehand on how to reach them. If you are to be roomed in the annex building, they will also escort you there and help with your luggage if required.

For my 4-night stay, I was based in the annex located just by Dubrovnik Cathedral. It's an exceptional location, as a step out of the door takes your straight into the heart of the old town attractions with a plethora of bars and restaurants nearby. The area is bustling and loud at night, but I didn't find this troubled my sleep, as closing the windows and shutters muted most of it. Thankfully, despite these being closed, the air conditioning in the rooms was able to compete with the summer temperatures and heat generated by eight sleeping people.

The dorms are bright and clean and beds comfortable by hostel standards. I'd recommend bringing a padlock for the lockers. There's a kitchen and terrace at your disposal, but do note that it's not accessible 24 hours. Don't be like us and leave a few beers in the fridge for later, then return to retrieve them having forgotten that the room is now closed off. The showers and toilets also adhered to the clean standards throughout the annex but be prepared to hang your clothing outside of the showers or over the doors, as there's no hooks for them inside of the cubicles.

The staff are also extremely friendly and helpful, arranging social events as well as providing you with plenty of local information and recommendations. Overall I had a very enjoyable stay and would be happy to return myself any time.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

Considering I booked the room about 7 hours before I needed a place (for £50 a night which was technically a steal, considering the timing), I was perfectly happy with the hostel. Note there are two buildings (either the building near the Buze gate or an annex near the cathedral), so you could be staying in either with a confirmation only when you arrive.

Overall, the location is great and either location is easy walking distance to any part of the Old Town or slightly more afield. The facilities are simple, clean and great if you just need a place to crash for a night or two. I would advise bringing a padlock for the lockers, but you can buy one for c. 30kn. Nearby are a number of good bars and restaurants (avoid ones with pricier menus as they're probably bad-value tourist traps).

I don't really have any cons for this place, so definitely worth a stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Matea D, Manager at Hostel Angelina Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Dear Christina!
Thank you for staying with us and we are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time here!
Now it is peak of season and festival time too, so prices are on its peak.
We hope to host you next time :)
Safe travels and good luck!
Matea