“Best wine tour ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Classic Tour with Wine Tastings from Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 27 Food & Drink in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Owner description: I am Mario Sehic AIWS,WSET Diploma Holder,Wine Educator and certified sommelier, a British of croatian origin,Croatian origin living and working in the beautiful and historic Dubrovnik,heart of the Dalmatian wine country.My business,Dubrovnik Wine Tours,offers personal wine tasting tours for small groups, in English, to carefully selected wine cellars and vineyards in Dubrovnik region.I have established connections with independent,family winegrowers in Croatia,especially in Dubrovnik/Peljesac region. At the visits, you’ll enjoy generous tastings, lunches, informal picnics and formal dinners.You will meet independent, family winegrowers typical to Dalmatia. We visit their ancient cellars, taste their wonderful wines and explore world-famous vineyards! Tours are informal, informative and fun.
“Best wine tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Mario provided us the best wine tour I have ever been on. I have lived in Germany for over 4 years and have visited many wine regions in Europe and gone on many tours but Mario's was by far the best. Knowledgable, attentive and extremely friendly, Mario has it all! Tour included a visit to an oyster farm and these were by far the best oysters I have ever had. Tours of the wineries were great but my favorite was sampling some wine overlooking the sea on a road cutting through vineyards. Wine pairings with cheeses at the wine bar were incredible and my favorite wine of the tour was at that stop. I only wish I had bought more to bring back. Lunch was fantastic with black ink risotto and other seafood dishes. If I ever make it back to Dubrovnik I would absolutely go on another tour with Mario. Simply outstanding!

1 Thank John C

Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not only for wine lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I don't drink a lot of wine, but the wine & food tour with Mario was very interesting for me, too. I learned a lot not only about wine & food in Croatia, but about the world wine industry & wine business, world wine landscape, new trends in wine industry, and much more!.. Mario is a great source of knowledge and information related to wine!!!

1 Thank NataliaSimonenko
London
“Winetastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Mario, you nailed it. Such a great day - what a treat for my girlfriend on her birthday. The passion you demonstrated and the knowledge you imparted on us will stay with us forever.
This is a must do trip.

1 Thank Razza100
ab_wales
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best tour of our holiday (or any other I suspect)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'll try not to repeat what others have said but I agree with everything I have read.

Booked the tour based on the TA reviews and we were not disappointed, worth every penny please treat yourselves to this tour rather than one of the big tour operators ones.

Fortunately for us another couple had cancelled, apparently, but Mario still went ahead as planned which meant we got a free upgrade to a private tour. Very appreciative of Mario not trying to reschedule even though we would have been happy to.

Mario is extremely friendly and easy to talk to, not a single awkward silence the entire day. His knowledge of wines, wine making and Croatia in general is excellent. Testament to his ability to teach wine plebs is that by the end of the day we had been totally converted from dry white wine (S.B. and P.G.) only drinkers to loving everything there is to offer. Even ended up buying a desert wine we tried from a little independent grower we stopped off at, trust me for us that is amazing.

For lunch Mario took as to a great restaurant in the village of Ston. He did this as we had mentioned we weren't huge seafood lovers. Another great example of Mario tailoring the tour to us rather than following a set schedule.

We're definitely going to return to Dubrovnik in the future and when we do we'll definitely be booking his tour again.

1 Thank ab_wales
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trip Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The best day in Croatia—the wine tour with Mario. The car was extremely comfortable (a nice Mercedes) and the tour was easy to organize. We started the day with Mario at a beautifully quaint oyster farm. We watched the farmers take the oysters from the water and cook them. Mario brought along a great bottle of white wine which he used to teach us about tasting wine and food pairings with wine (I thought I knew a bit about wine, but after this I felt like a true consort). We then went to many wineries to tour and taste the wine—each bottle was better than the next (I really enjoyed some of the spicy and complex reds). Lunch was included in the wine tour and instead of taking us to a cheap restaurant; Mario took us to one of the best seafood restaurants of my life. He kept on telling us to eat more and drink more wine and order as many dishes and desserts as we could. FANTASTIC! I am a vegetarian and Mario talked to the chef and had a great vegetable dish made for me. Mario also was very knowledgeable about the area and wine production. He was born in Croatia but now lives in England so he speaks very good English (I always appreciate that). I would recommend this tour to ANYONE who is in Croatia (I would even go to Dubrovnik just for this tour!!!). Thank you Mario for a great day!

1 Thank ODR1234