“A super experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Bosnia Herzegovina: Half Day Wine Tour from Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 27 Food & Drink in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Owner description: I am Mario Sehic AIWS,WSET Diploma Holder,Wine Educator and certified sommelier, a British of croatian origin,Croatian origin living and working in the beautiful and historic Dubrovnik,heart of the Dalmatian wine country.My business,Dubrovnik Wine Tours,offers personal wine tasting tours for small groups, in English, to carefully selected wine cellars and vineyards in Dubrovnik region.I have established connections with independent,family winegrowers in Croatia,especially in Dubrovnik/Peljesac region. At the visits, you’ll enjoy generous tastings, lunches, informal picnics and formal dinners.You will meet independent, family winegrowers typical to Dalmatia. We visit their ancient cellars, taste their wonderful wines and explore world-famous vineyards! Tours are informal, informative and fun.
Ascot
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A super experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Dubrovnik before. Our plan was to arrive and see what was on offer . On our first day there we saw Mario's wine tour advertisement in the city centre. We love our wine, so booked our tour for the next day. We are so happy we did this as the tour with Mario was one of our highlights of the trip.

Thank you Mario for making us feel so looked after and we learnt so much about your regions wine. I almost don't want to tell anyone about you as you will no doubt be booked out once word is out.

Good company, great food and wonderful wine - I recommend this trip highly!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“What an AMAZING thing to do while in Dubrovnik!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I were on vacation in Dubrovnik and always like doing wine tours, but off the beaten path. Mario at Dubrovnik Wine Tours was simply amazing! There are no other words. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. He easily gave us the best day of our vacation in Croatia by customizing a wine tour around Dubrovnik for an entire day! We visited three very unique and wonderful wineries, enjoyed fresh oysters in a one of a kind family-owned restaurant on the water, and finished our trip with a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Boutique Winery Vicelic, which was too beautiful for words. Mario picked us up at our hotel, was extremely friendly/knowledgeable of the region and was just a true delight. We can't thank him enough for our trip! Thanks Mario!

Visited April 2013
Mario S, Owner at Dubrovnik Wine Tours, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi Girls,Thanks very much for your fantastic review,you know I had a great day with you and I am happy that this was the highlight of your trip to Croatia.
Hope the wine you bought will remind you of the great day we had in wine country near Dubrovnik.
Sydney, Australia
“Happy Jasminka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had a fantastic experience with Mario and couldn't recommend it more! Mario was a wonderful guide and took us to place I doubt we would have seen otherwise. The wines we tasted were excellent and were a great reflection of the area. It was such a fun and enjoyable day and I would really encourage others to look into it, and I've already told all my friends about it. Mario spoke great English and had so much knowledge about the wines and the area so every question I had was answered. It exceeded all my exectations, 10 out of 10!

Visited April 2013
Jasminka, you made me happy too!Thanks for your kind review, next time I see you drinks are on me.
Cheers mate!
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Wine with Good Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked a 2 hour wine tasting, in the old towne with Mario. He met us at a well known location and took us to a very nice restaurant. Mario's knowledge and passion about wine was very contagious. Mario provided us with a simple process for identifying distinct qualities in wine. Mario choose 4 croatian wines for us to try and he also selected specific cheeses, meats, and fruits to compliment the tasting. It was a fun and educational experience. I would recommend taking the wine tour, because it provides a better understanding of wine, but especially croatian wine which you will be drinking plenty of while in Dubrovnik.

Austin, Texas
“A good break from business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our last meeting cancelled on us and we googled and found this wine tour and called them up and they fit us in for the next day no problem. They fixed up a lunch and me and my two associates got picked up and taken around to a couple winery's and we drank...and drank. Mario is a good guy. Speaks good English. I travel a lot all over the place and I've been on a lot of these things. One thing I can tell you is this guy knows wine.

Visited August 2012