“Relax in Croatia”

Dubrovnik Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Dubrovnik Sightseeing Tours - Guided Tours and Cruise Shore Excursions in and around Dubrovnik. All tours are escorted by licensed tour guides (available in English, Spanish,French,German,Italian,Portuguese) As destination specialists, we are able to tailor make holidays to suit you.
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Relax in Croatia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I stopped in Dubrovnik as the last stop on an MSC cruises Mediterranean tour. The stop was at the end of our cruise and lasted for just only half a day. We decided to have a restful day getting a feel for the city with a leisurely stroll followed by a cuppa and a slice of cake.
What a delightful, clean place the old town is. We ambled down the main street mixing window shopping with admiration for the lovely buildings. There are numerous side streets/alleys with steep climbs which although interesting looking were outside of our aim of rest and relaxation. We stopped for the afore mentioned cuppa at a pleasant outside café on the main square. My wife then ventured of on a hunt for souvenirs and a general nose around the place.
The overall impression was that it is a fantastic city in a delightful setting and we have already added it to our list of destinations worthy of a longer stay. Architecture, the delight of being able to explore without motor traffic and welcoming people. I would recommend the place. I managed the main street easily on my crutches and I think a wheelchair user would also do so. However, the side streets are narrow, steep and mostly have steps and so are probably not suitable for wheelchairs and I was neither brave or energetic enough to attempt the with my crutches.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank JBH0

wigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Wheelchair accessible tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked a wheelchair accessible cable car tour with this company and it was excellent. The guide met us at the ship and took us to the vehicle (a bit of a way as they are not allowed to bring the vehicle into the port area.) When we arrived at the cable car there was a huge queue so we were given the option of driving to the viewing platform, which we took and I think it was the best option as we saw more of the area.
Our driver was excellent and very thorough fastening my wheelchair in, so I didn't feel at all unstable while he negotiated the narrow, steep winding road to the top cable car station.
Our guide was knowledgeable and helpful, steering a way for us through any crowded areas, he even wanted to lift me up 8 steps to get me into the Old Apothecaries Shop that I wanted to see, but I said no.
There are a lot of cobbled areas in Dubrovnik and it is an old city but we didn't have any major issues getting around with the chair, the area back to our pick-up was a bit steep but again our guide helped to push the chair. We really enjoyed our day in Dubrovnik and glad that we chose this tour, as we had a private guide and a tour tailored to our interests.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank cottea
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Dubrovnik Summer Festival 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Dubrovnik Summer Festival is Croatia's biggest cultural event, 47 days and nights of classical music, theatre, opera, jazz, folk and dance performances around the Old Town and surrounding area. We attended couple performances: one in Park Orsula; a unique venue with breathtaking views of Dubrovnik. At sunset, the music and local wines, beers with the view were amazing. Very inexpensive, but hard to walk to and I suggest to take a taxi, or ride a scooter as we did. The other was Rector's Palace where we saw Mozart's "Le nozze di Figaro" performed by students from the Zagreb Music Academy. Outstanding performance in 15th century building. Over 70 venues are used even on Lokrum island.
Book ahead for the biggest events, while for others you can pay on the door and some are even free, as was the Rector's Palace performance. Book and/or line up early. There are also numerous free performances around the Old Town, so keep walking around. Overall the value is great & so are the performances.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PeterO709
Bucharest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Sightseeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dubrovnik is a fabulous city. I've experienced great sightseeing, met very welcoming and helpful local people and a fantastic holiday atmosphere wherever I've travel in Croatia. The Dubrovnik fortress tour as well as the shore, restaurants, shopping experience were simply great, relaxing. I'll sure get back to Croatia, be it Dubrovnik or the isle of Hvar. Also, I'd wholeheartedly recommend Croatia to anyone who's after memorable seaside views, great accommodation venues and well prepared personnel in hotels, restaurants and shops.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank PcA_PcA
Albany, New York
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A beautiful coast, good people and great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

As in many of the cities of the countries that once made up Yugoslavia that I have visited, I enjoyed the surrounding countryside and small towns much more than the city of Dubrovnik. It is one of the nicer of these cities, and worth a stroll, but getting out of town is the way to go. Our excursion (through the cruise line) took us down the gorgeous coast with our first stop being a family farm. We saw a demonstration on making olive oil that was actually interesting (and the way they did it up to just a few deacades ago) and then we had a snack at the family home, sitting outside with a beautiful view of the coast. Home made wine and olive oil and fresh baked bread and just harvested salad and home made Prosciutto, all was delicious. Then we had a wine tasting at a family owned vineyard and off too a seafood lunch on a picturesque bay. This is a country I would visit again.

Visited July 2013