“Q A cut above the rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Art by Stjepko

Art by Stjepko
Ranked #63 of 158 things to do in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Owner description: Art by Stjepko - Art Atelier located just off the main street "Stradun " ( first street on the left from Pile gate ).Here you will find artist working and creating art in front of you.In this fine art gallery you can find various oil and acrylic paintings done on canvas. All art work is handmade and unique, with Certificate of Authenticity label.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Q A cut above the rest”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I just wish I had a bigger holiday budget and a bigger suitcase allowance. Stjepkos art is exceptional. It definitely stands out from the rest in Dubrovnik for creativity and skill. As an experienced seaman, Stjepko translates the underwater world and fishing into art with meaning and vibrant colour. He is a very talented man. Also he speaks excellent English so go in and say hello.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank katesmeets

Manchester, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Artist to buy art frrom in Drubrovnik”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hello,

Our names are Rick and Kathy from San Francisco, Ca USA. We had the good fortune to stop in Stjepko's gallery one afternoon and made a life long friend and connection with the most amazing artist. We have traveled extensively and were quite pleased with the way we were treated by Stjepko. I assure anyone reading this that wants REAL ART, to contact Stjeko about anything he might have. We will treasure Midori II, the piece we acquired from Stjepko for the rest of our lives.

Sincerely, Rick and Kathy

Visited August 2013
3 Thank rick W
Weilerbach, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Treasure Trove of Art”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found Stjepko's art studio by accident and I feel very lucky. He has beautiful pieces that are filled with vivid colors that energize you. I especially loved the underwater scenes with the sunlight penetrating below the surface. Stjepko was extremely helpful taking his works outside in the sunlight to give me the best view of his art. When I finally made my decision, he wrapped the piece for safe transport on the plane. I wish I had found him earlier in my trip. I probably would've bought more than one piece. This is a must stop for not only a memorable piece of Croatia, but for great art to enrich your home.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank m64stone
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great art and charming artist.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stjepko is a merchant sea captain turn artist. All of his painting draws upon his rich experiences on and underneath the sea. He has several collections and themes of painting, most of which are bursting with vibrant color. I bought a good size piece with bright overlapping tropical fish on a red background. He arranged the shipping for me, at a reasonable rate, and packed the painting in a custom made wooden box. We agreed on a price while I was there and I arranged for the payment after I returned to the US. He was very good at keeping me updated on the packing/shipping schedule after my payment was made.

His gallery is located on one of the principle streets branching off the main artery and easy to find. The space is attractive and the proprietor, Stjepko himself, is very conversational. He paints in the gallery at times, and other pieces are done in an off-site studio.

I definitely recommend stopping by his gallery if you have a chance, even if it's just for some browsing and conversation.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank alouba03
Queensland, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“We bought two vibrant colourful paintings”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a great stay in Dubrovnik. We have an amazing reminder as we bought two original paintings from Stjepko a local artist. Interesting guy, retired sea captain and diver. We flew from Dubrovnik to Athens with Croatia airlines, Stjepko wrapped the paintings, we informed the airline upon checkin and the cabin crew let us store them free of charge. We hired a locker in Athens as we travelled onto Santorini, from Athens to Brisbane we flew with Emirates, after the paintings were scanned they had to be bubble wrapped, it cost us 5euro and on arrival in Brisbane we picked them up from the bulky items area. We were surprised in this instance it cost so little

Visited July 2013