“Wine tasting and scenic bike ride” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dubrovnik Adventures

Dubrovnik Adventures
Ranked #9 of 27 Food & Drink in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Owner description: DUBROVNIK ADVENTURES is the leading environmentally responsible tour operator in Croatia. Specialized in active holidays, adventures, eco tours and excursions, we strive to enrich people's lives by providing outstanding adventure experiences. Our trips are great adventures that emphasize heightened attentiveness to human impact on the environment. Our services include multi-day packages and one day trips, tailor made tours, special interest tours, shore excursions, cruises, incentive and team-building programs. Join countless others by booking a trip with us and we'll give you the personalized attention you expect and deserve.
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wine tasting and scenic bike ride”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a really nice guide who was helpful, friendly and gave a lot of information. The organisation was very good and they arranged pick ups from a number of different locations around the city extremely smoothly. They were also able to cope with a group of people of different levels of fitness. It was lovely being in the countryside. We were a little disappointed with the wine tasting as was hoping to taste a number of different Croatian wines but were only given 1 white and 1 red. I was hoping to be able to do some more comparisons and learn a bit more. Also it was a very light lunch. It was my birthday and they gave me some rather nice chocolates which was very sweet of them

Visited June 2013

Philly
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent tour group!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked 3 separate day trips with Dubrovnik Adventures in May 2013 and had an excellent time! We are 4 active adults and prefer a personalized experience with a local guide (not fans of big coach tours!). We were lucky to have Pera as our guide for a half day kayaking trip and half day biking trip. She is a fantastic guide who made the experience very informative and incredibly fun. We also had a day trip to Montenegro with Victor, who was not just our driver, but a wonderful historian. It was easy to set up the trip via email contact with Dubrovnik Adventures and they arranged pick up and drop off right from our apartment. Highly recommend Dubrovnik Adventures if you are looking for a fun and informative local experience in Croatia!

1 Thank Tripper01Philly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Our favorite day of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a great find Dubrovnik Adventures is! We went on the Dubrovnik Countryside Wine Tastine & Scenic Bike Ride Tour in June 2013. We were picked up from our hotel on time and stopped on the way to Konavle for a beautiful overlook of the sea and Old City. Our guide, Monika, was extremely friendly and knowledgable both about the region's history as well as the landscape. She was also mindful of our safety and made sure everyone was comfortable on their bikes. We saw a local monastery, vineyards, old canals and mills, drank from a spring, and rode through a Cypress forest. At the end of the tour, we enjoyed delicious local wine, bread, olive oil, prosciutto, and cheese. An amazing trip, highly recommended to get out of Dubrovnik and see the real Croatia!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Nina J
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great scenery, wonderful guide, and small group size for Bike & Wine Tour equal big win.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Fully enjoyed the 4 hour bike ride and wine tasting outing. Our guide and driver were both excellent. Beautiful countryside highlighted the 2-2.5 hour bike ride that definitely whets the appetite for generous portions of bread, cheese, Dalmatian ham and olive oil. Wine is freely poured and requests for repeated tastes are casually encouraged. I would recommend to anyone who is up for a little bit of physical exertion with tasty pay-off to culminate either an early afternoon or evenings work!

NYC
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Great ride but a small glitch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I took the Dubrovnik Countryside Wine Tasting & Scenic Bike Ride. It was a great ride, a few challenging hills, and lovely scenery along the way. I'd like to give it 5 stars, but the caveat below will explain why I didn't.

The ride visited a monastery, abandoned water mill, and winery. My guide, Pera, was fantastic - personable, well-informed, and impeccable English.

Now, for the caveat:
45 days prior to my visit, I contacted Dubrovnik Adventures to express interest in the tour. Owner, Monica, replied that "You can contact us a few days in advance. Walk and bike tour is available each day."

So, four days before my intended bike trip I contacted Dubrovnik Adventures via email. I got no response, so again two days before and then one day before I again emailed them. Each time I had no response. Finally I found a calling card and public phone to call Dubrovnik Adventures. I spoke to Monica and was told hat there were no tours for the next several days. My stomach dropped and I reminded her of the messages and instructions I had been given. (I added a day in Dubrovnik just to fit this in.)

In her defense, Monica fulfilled her promise and I was given a tour the next day and it ended up being a personal tour! She dealt this this wonderfully and I was fully satisfied with the result. Nevertheless, the frustration of emails without replies while trying to have a carefree vacation should not have happened. It's unprofessional not to reply, and it is not fun or a traveler who thinks she has plans.

That aside, I would simply recommend that anyone wishing to have an excursion with Dubrovnik Adventures do so but book your tour ahead of time with a firm date. You will fully enjoy yourself.

Last but not least, and this is fairly minor, the website says that the bike tour includes a presentation of traditional olive oil milling. As someone who loves to cook and bake I was looking forward to this, but it never transpired. I just shrugged my shoulders, didn't care enough to raise a fuss. But, if this is particularly important to you, you should probably ask about it when making your reservation as well.

4 Thank rustymambo