“Fabulous view”

Ranked #29 of 490 Specialty Lodging in Dubrovnik
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous view”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I can only agree with what other reviewers have said. We stayed in apt Petra, 10 minutes walk down to the old town, a bit of a climb back up, but that's Dubrovnik - everything is up or down steps. However the view from our balcony was amazing & well worth the walk, it's also quiet as the house is away from the main road.There is a small supermarket & a bakery a couple of minutes walk away too. The apartment was perfect for us, we loved having breakfast on the balcony, & enjoying a drink in the evening watching the boats in the harbour. The family are genuinely lovely people, kind & helpful. We'd gone to celebrate my 60th birthday, on the day there was a knock at the door, on opening it there was Marinko's wife & daughter Mia, who presented me with a basket containing a bottle of Merlot & 2 glasses, "how do you know it's my birthday" I asked, they'd seen my passport of course. We also opted for the airport transfers, Marinko's brother picked us up, carried our bags up to the apartment, & gave us all the information we needed, we were also on arrival treated to a refreshing jug of his mums, now legendary, orange drink & a beer for me as well! I've not given 5 stars because apt Petra isn't luxury, but there is everything you need to enjoy a great holiday & the bed is big & comfortable. However Marinko's mum showed us apt Ivana, which is definitely 5 star, but we were very, very happy with our apt Petra, & had a fantastic holiday. I've had a change of mind & decided to go 5 stars- excellent, it was. Many thanks to the family Obradovic, we hope to see you again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
usa
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am traveling from Croatia now and couldn't wait to send a good review of this home and the nice family. This review should really be listed under the Ante Apartments on Brgatska 13, as there are a few apartments in this house of different sizes. Ivana is one of them, and from what I could tell all of them have incredible views, of course the higher the stairs you climb, it gets better! I stayed in the small apartment Petra which was perfect for me, and would be great for couples as well. It had everything I needed there, The website is http://www.apartments-ante.net/. There was a a kitchen and bathroom stocked with everything necessary, and a kettle and dryer for hair, which were added touches. There was also good and strong wi-fi and another brother is there to troubleshoot any difficulties (like I had at first with iPhone). This is a family house, and the family is in/out during your coming and going, but very non-evasive yet there on the spot if you needed anything at all. I was asked more than once during my week's stay about changing towels and whenever I had a question about a bus or site suggestion Marinko was ready to help, and from the very beginning was always thorough and quick in responses to my emails during the "shopping for a room" process and booking before my arrival. I chose the option to have the family bring me from the airport, which was very worth the money to have someone there with my name on it and ready to help with luggage. If you chose this option you'll know what I mean when you see the steps!! On the first day I admit I wasn't sure that I'd chosen correctly, because of all the stairs (I'm not quite 50 yrs. old and in good shape) and the fact that after I walked around it seemed there was more of a crowd at the Pile gate (this apartment is near Ploce). After the first day, I realized that I had made a perfect choice. Staying in Ploce not only gave me a fantastic view every morning of Lockrum Island (SO beautiful!!) and the entire Old City, I enjoyed taking excursions from the Old Harbor, and this apartment was near to that side of the city, and so facilitated everything I wanted to do, including a visit the Contemporary Museum, which is a very short walk and outside the city gates in Ploce. The house is very near Banje beach, almost straight down (literally) the hill, which is a fantastic place to people watch. If you want (and you probably will) to go to the other islands, you can easily take a bus and be to the Gruz harbor in a few minutes. I can say 100% that I would rather stay in Ploce/Ante Apartments than in Lapad, it had a much better proximity to the Old City (the reason most people go to Dubrovnik) and at the same time here you see so many Croatians out, hanging laundry, climbing the steps with you, and well, just living there. It seemed in Lapad that it was hotel after hotel and even though it looks close and I walked to Gruz harbor (which is not even in Lapad) one day, it was really a distance. Anyway, I may post other Dubrovnik tips/suggestions since the trip is so fresh on my mind, but to anyone who has good legs and is in good health, climbing the steps to Ante Apartments is a great bargain and good choice for a real Dubrovnik holiday!

• Liked — views, family... that particular side of the Old City Gates
  • Disliked — steps! (but how can you do without??)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank DotMarie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in apartment Mia which was absolutely spotless and had all you would need for a self catering holiday! The view from the balcony is simply breathtaking! We decided to opt for the airport transfer and we were greeted by Marinko at the airport who was very welcoming, upon arrival at the apartment we were greeted by his mother with an ice cold beer and home made arancini. We decided to opt for this apartment after reading reviews and have to say that it exceeded all expectations and we will definitely be back and would recommend anyone reading this to stay here. Thanks again to Marinko and his family for being so hospitable!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple