“"Tastiest food for normal price"”
Review of Restaurant Gallus

Restaurant Gallus
Ranked #308 of 380 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Malmedy, Belgium
“"Tastiest food for normal price"”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food is very simple and so tastie and fresh.Waiters are little in a bad mood,especially the big guy,he look like a bodyguard.Pizza is good and big.Altogether excellent

• Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Belgrade, Serbia
“Fantastic normal priced restaurant!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a lunch in Gallus. It has wonderful location just outside the main entrance to Old Town of Dubrovnik. Food is excellent, service is magnificent and prices are completely normal. Meal for two around 50€! For Dubrovnik that's almost free!

• Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service in Dubrovnik!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We liked the menu here, as it seemed more varied and less pricey than Nautika. I had a delicious, fresh chicken salad and Pizza Margherita, and my husband had the most tender pork tenderloin he'd ever had. They are new and unfortunately don't have the reputation of other restaurants in the area, but if you want reasonably priced, delicious food, this is the place. We even went back a second time during our stay and brought salads back to our hotel, as we had had a big lunch elsewhere and weren't hungry yet. They packed them up for us-nothing was too much trouble.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Snupy11
Kirovohrad, Ukraine
“Great experience and fair price”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our tour guide recommended this place because he said it was good since they were new and working very hard to gain clientelle. It was not as cosy as I normally prefer because of the crowds of people walking around, but the food was much better than any other place I've been to in old town Dubrovnik. Maybe I just wasn't lucky, but for some reason I didn't like any of the restaurants in or nerby old town (I've been to Dubrovnik twice). We did find some great restaurants in Lapad area, but that's quite far from the old town. This was the first place in the area that I actually enjoyed very much. I ordered amberjack with shrimp sauce, and it was delecious, although I had no idea what that fish was before. My friend ordered seabass, which was great as well. Their white house wine was almost as good as bottled (I think it was poship). The service was good, too, even though the place was quite busy.

• Visited September 2012
newport pagnell
“wonderful food and service”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stopped here to look at the menu on our first evening and were approached by the owner who was keen to talk to us about his food and the value he offered.
We don't normally like to be hassled but he was so friendly and genuine that although the restaurant was quiet we decided to eat there.
It turned out to be the best of the 6 evening meals we had in the city. The sea bass was great and at only 80 kunas was excellent value. The service was impeccable. They brought us liquors on the house and nothing was too much trouble. My wife had some wine not to her taste - changed without question.
One of the waiters (Robert) was absolutely charming and made us so welcome.
On our last day we were passing the restaurant and they saw and recognised us. They insisted we stop and have a drink with them - on the house. We were due to return that evening but couldn't due to one of us feeling unwell but if we return to Dubrovnik the Gallus will be our first stop.

• Visited May 2012