“Great attitude”

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We enjoyed our meal here - good food and friendly service - but I particularly want to praise their selfless attitude on an earlier occasion when they had no room inside (it was cold) and they cheerfully recommended a few competitors who they thought might have available inside seating. We made sure we went back.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We walked past this restaurant quite a few times and didnt think of going in as it looked deserted and there were some building works going on nearby. It was located a little way up past the main road and just right outside the gate, we went in as it was mentioned in the restaurant guide.

This is the best meal I had on the old town (we were in dubrovnik from 10 -15 May) and I would definitely recommend it. This is the first time I have ever reviewed a restaurant and I loved it so much that I just had to tell the world.

They do a lunch special where most meals cost about 70k and its fantastic value for money.
I ordered the warm grilled tuna on a caper and green salad and I guarantee you have not eaten tuna like that in your life. The tuna came in these thick red pieces on the salad, it looked almost like rare beef but it taste so fantastic that it doesnt need any flavouring.
The tuna was like nothing that you get in this country and its really spoiled me - I can still taste it now. The salad was fresh with a light olive oil dressing, I am a fussy eater and dont like capers but I polished everything off my plate.

The reason I am not giving this 5 star is because my companion had the smoked salmon with tagliatelle and she found the fish a bit too salty for her liking - that was valued at 68K.

I have purely selfish reason for posting this review - I would like to go back to this restaurant when i go back next year and I would be most disappointed if I cant taste that tuna again!

You also get bread with your meal and they were happy to provide you with second servings if you wanted - the service was friendly but they also left you alone.

If you are going to Dubrovnik - make this one of your stop, you deserve it! The food is miles better than some of the tasteless bland stuff that they sell in the Stradun.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We've had to meals in this restaurant, wen we arrive and the last day of our stay.
Everything was superb, delicious fresh fish, wonderful wine, extraordinary service.
If you go to Dubrovnic don´t miss a meal at this restaurant

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We liked this restaurant so much that we ate there 3 times during our one week stay in Dubrovnik. The menu offers a good choice and dishes are freshly prepared and nicely presented. All the staff we met were friendly and welcoming. Would definitely recommend a visit to this restaurant if you are in or near the Ploce area of the city.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Had a great dinner here with a nice Polsip wine from Korcula & very fresh, beautifully tasty food, including rare stir fry veggies.
The covered patio was sheltered and lovely music played throughout the evening. The smoky bacon filled stuffed calamari was a taste of Dalmatia for my partner and I enjoyed the freshness of tuna and veggies.
Service was impeccable but friendly.
Tip: this is very close to Rosie and Sanjay's Laundromat, so if you have to do laundry in Dubrovnik, put your laundry in and come to Gusta Me for coffee or a drink while you wait.