“A very nice restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“A very nice restaurant”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant in February. All we can say is that everything started from the service to the dessert was just excellent. We had calamari filled with cheese and ham and duck with vegetables, both very tasty. For dessert we had chocolate souffle with vanilla ice cream, just yummy :). Staff are very kind... And of course the view from the terrace very nice.

Gustame D, Manager at Gusta Me, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for Your visit and this review. Glad to be of service, and hope to welcome You again when You visit Dubrovnik in the future.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Sadly, we found this restaurant on our last evening in Dubrovnik. Visiting in February 2013 was certainly 'out of season' and many of the other restaurants in town were closed. Those that were open within the walls used some hard-sell tactics to get us inside. Many were disappointing. Gusta Me was not like this. No attempts to get us off the street and inside.
Once inside the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was absolutely fantastic. Each course is freshly cooked and very well presented. The desert 'semifredo with caramel sauce and nuts' was the best dessert I have ever tasted. Not being a fan of anything too sweet, this was perfect. I intend to make it at home as soon as I get back! After a fabulous last evening meal, we went back for lunch the next day just before our flight home! Despite what some reviewers are posting about the price, we found it very reasonable and certainly less that half the price of a meal we had at the Hotel Excelsior. Just wish we found it earlier. You must eat here!!!!

1 Thank Nick E
Gustame D, Manager at Gusta Me, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank You for taking Your time to write this review. Hope to welcome You again in our restaurant.

Sincerely yours, Team 'Gusta me'!
Herts
“Excellent all round meal”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a great evening meal here. Good value and, once again, leaving the old city walls paid dividends. Extremely good value soup, the duck dish was very tasty, the steak was good, and the lava cake pudding very nice as well. The service has helpful and attentive. Thoroughly recommended!

1 Thank 5_9_2_8
Gustame D, Manager at Gusta Me, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We are grateful for Your visit and this review. Glad to be of service, and hope to welcome You once more if You decide to visit Dubrovnik in the future. Perhaps during summer days, when it's warmer and you could enjoy the view from our terrace. :)

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“If only I had found you earlier........”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have recently returned from Dubrovnic after a short break between Christmas and New Year. We stayed in the Hilton Imperial. We found Gusto Me in a local Dubrovnic food magazine, we asked at reception, and they gave us a smile and some directions. Through the old city! Through the gate! Left at the sea and up the hill, you can't miss it. We arrived no problem at all. We were the only people in the place, so service was great. We had Saffron Risotto and breaded Camembert with JAM! It was wonderful, if not a little odd on the senses. For our main course my partner had a beautiful steak and I went for "steak in a wok" which is a house "speciality" I can't rate it enough, it was delicious. For dessert my partner had pancakes (3 off them arrived) and I had caramel semi fredo which was great. A bottle of red and 2 or 3 beers and the bill was 420kuna (£42 sterling). The food here is amazing and the value for money is even better. If I'm ever back in Dbv again, it will be the first place I go back to.

• Visited December 2012
Gustame D, Manager at Gusta Me, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you very much for Your visit and this review. Glad to be of service, and hope to welcome You again if You decide to visit Dubrovnik in the future.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Strange”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We ate here on our last night in Dubrovnik. I choose it because it had a small menu and the good reviews on Trip Advisor. Once inside you could tell it was all locals, good sign. But we were handed a different menu to everyone else. At first I thought it was just because it was the menu in english but I noticed that the items coming out of the kitchen for the other guests were not available on our menu (lovely spinach pastries, big salads and better vegetables). First we ordered the meat and cheese platter for two. It was odd because although it states for two, everything came as threes. For the main course we both ordered the beef in wine sauce with mixed vegetables. What we got was a nice steak in a yummy red wine sauce but the vegetables were very overcooked, oily and mixed with Asian noodles and soy sauce. It was a very strange combination, too strange. I also agree that the restaurant was overpriced; again, I do not think the locals pay that much.

• Visited December 2012
Gustame D, Manager at Gusta Me, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Mrs. penny77,
we are sorry that you got the impression of being treated different then the 'locals'. These guests were served different meals that weren't on the menu because they pre-ordered these menus several days in advance. This option is available to all our guests, but like I said you have to order in advance. We treat all our guests the same, 'local' or tourists.
Regarding your food comments. We didn't think adding, an extra peace on the meat and cheese platter for two, would give us a negative response? And I don't think that is something we should regret.
Hope to welcome You once more if You visit Dubrovnik again, and perhaps do something special for You.

Sincerely yours Team 'Gusta me'.