“Like a private tour”

A Story About the War Walking Tour
Ranked #4 of 151 Tours in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We run scheduled and private walking tours of Dubrovnik. Our scheduled tours and prices are: The Discover - Dubrovnik Walk (90 kn), Game of Thrones Tour (150 kn), Game of Thrones & Dubrovnik (150 kn) and A Story About the War (90 kn). Meeting point for all tours is by the Big Onofrio's Fountain in Dubrovnik Old Town, just look for our representative with the RED UMBRELLA. We look forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We found a flyer about the walking tours at our apartment and so we went. We are two couples and all of us come from a different country. It was very easy to spot the guide at the Big Onofrio's Fountain, she was holding a red umbrella. Dubrovnik was quite empty at the time we did this tour (December 2012) and we were the only four people who joined the tour so we felt like everything was there just for us if you know what I mean. I did a lot of tours and traveled to more than 40 countries but I can't recall that any of the tours I did before was so interesting. We learned so much and the discussion about the history of Dubrovnik was continued between us during lunch. I want to congratulate Ana (she was our guide) on a great job and to thank her for being so friendly and cool.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We chose to do this rather than the oridnary walking tour as we had already explored Dubrovnik during the first two days we were there. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the history of Dubrovnik and the recent war. He was not able to answer all our questions about causes etc. but who could as it was a very complicated situation and he tried not to take sides.
Although I did find the whole experience a bit depressing, it was because of the war not the tour. I felt I learnt a lot.

1  Thank LondonSilver
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went on a "Walk the City Walls" tours, organised via Dubrovnik Walking Tours at the end of August. As early birds, we went on the first one of the day (before it got too hot) and managed to get a whole different perspective on the lay out of the city. Our guide was very knowledgable and friendly.and made the very interesting. Good value for money, I would receommend. 4.7/5

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ana picked us up from the port of Dubrovnik and drove us to the old city. The tour was fantastic and Ana was very knowledgable. She showed our group of 4 around the city and explained the history of the town and in particular the recent history of the homeland war. Ana was old enough to have lived thru it all and her views, anecdotes and knowledge was fabulous. My group and I would recommend Ana and walking tours of Dubrovnik to anyone interested in the history of the town and Croatia.
Thank you so much for such a fabulous day.

1  Thank Artemis661
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Dubrovnik is a beautiful city, but a bit artificial in some way and very touristy. However our walking tour guide in 1.5 hours time brought it alive throughout the history and how its past and the geographical location developed the "diplomatic" personality in its people. He also talked about how the tourism economy impacts the local's life nowadays. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. We would not have liked Dubrovnik as much if we had not taken the walking tour. Worth every penny of 12 euros for the tour, which is equivalent of two cappuccino's in Dubrovnik. At least you'll remember the city a lot more than the coffee.