Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews shared kitchen recommend taking a taxi old town large balcony up hill stairs fridge apartment sea
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Communication with the host was very poor. We made the reservation 1 month in advance of our stay and requested a room facing the terrace. I also emailed the property as soon as I made the reservation requesting the room, however, I only received a response 15 days later, after following-up twice, stating the rooms were already reserved. Also, the response was only received after the cancellation period had already passed, which was very frustrating.

I also sent a text message communicating a change of arrival time and received no response.

When we arrived at the property, the air conditioning was not working and we had to wait over 1 hour to finally settle in. The host did not speak good English and could not explain what the problem was or how long we would have to wait.

We also did not receive any restaurant recommendations or tips for places to visit, nearby bakery, grocery stores, etc. During our 10 day stay in Croatia, this was the only place that did not provide a nice welcome.

The terrace is nice, but obviously shared, so no privacy. The view is nice, however, you can get amazing views from many different points in Dubrovnik, so there is no need to stay in this place just for the view. To reach the place it takes approximately 20 min uphill walk from the old down, including approx. 400 steps. Even if in good shape, walking up 400 steps at 30 degrees Celsius is not easy or convenient (specially if you like to refresh after a day of walk and before dinner).

The kitchen is in the middle of all 4 rooms, so if someone is using it early in the morning, everyone else can hear it. Wifi in the room was a little slow.

Lastly, no shampoo/soap provided for shower. Again, only place in our 10 day stay that did not provide. This is a minor detail, but combined with all other items it added up to a not very pleasant stay.

Overall, you can find a more convenient place for this price in Dubrovnik.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank patriciacM3270WI
Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Anka was so accommodating during our brief stay at rooms raic. We got in late at night and we had to wake her up to get access to our room. She was very understanding despite us having just woken her up!

The reviews about the view are right on. Amazing views 24/7! Just breath taking. But to get to and from the old town, the steps are quite the workout especially in the dead of summer. Definitely don't carry luggage up it. Despite the stairs, you can get to old town in 10 minutes max.

The rooms are good enough and simple. Bring your own shampoo and body soap. Air conditioning is great.

Checkout was also super easy. Anka called a cab for us but when it didn't arrive, her husband drove us to the ferry port for us (at the same rate as taxi). Amazing service!

Definitely worthy of the high TripAdvisor rank!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2016

I arrived in the afternoon and was greeted by the host right away who helped me park properly and helped with my bags.

I think there were a few other people staying here but it was so quiet that I really wasn't sure.

The balcony is shared and is absolutely beautiful (I never saw another person on it the few times I went to sit out there). Cannot beat the view.

As for the location, yes, it's a bit of a walk into the town but not nearly as bad as some make it sound. There are stairs, but it's only like 10-15 minutes before you get to the first sign of restaurants, etc.

Still, when you leave for the day on your walk into the main town...don't plan to make the walk back up again until it's time for bed.

It was my birthday the day I arrived and the host noticed it from my passport and gave me a welcome drink and wished me a happy birthday which I thought was very sweet.

The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. WiFi was average as was the hot water.

Communal kitchen was clean and had dishes and electric kettle, etc.

Would absolutely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ashley1734
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Very clean and tidy, very friendly staff with a welcome drink on arrival. Everything you need in the room and kitchen. Very good value for money. We would definitely come again. Be prepared for lots of steps! Near to the shops, center and beach

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Rooms Raic. We had easily booked the initial 2 nights but when we tried to extend the booking, had great difficulty on line. We sorted it out after many phone calls and were glad we did. Anca and her staff were very helpful, rooms were spotless (make sure you get the sea facing rooms), the view is stunning and access to an open kitchen is great. We had free parking on the street. One needs to plan one's days carefully, the very steep step or road climb back there during the day is challenging for all.

Trip type: Traveled with friends