“Excellent service, amazing location”
Review of Neptun Hotel

Neptun Hotel
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed October 2, 2013

this is a beautiful place! we stayed for a week and enjoyed every day. I was very impressed with the staff - they were always polite, professional and went out of their way to help us out. They even helped us plan some island hopping.
our room was clean and comfortable and modern, and definitely good value. We even had a lovely view of the Adriatic from our balcony. The breakfast and dinner buffets were really good, with a lot of choice, even for a foodie with gluten and dairy allergies like me.
I adored the rocky beach area - it's gorgeous the way they have it laid out with blue and white striped umbrellas and white lounge chairs everywhere, and you can't complain about getting drinks or snacks delivered to your lounge chair. look at the pictures on their website - and that is exactly what you get!

there are great restaurants at and near the restaurant, super easy bus access to and from the old town (it stops right in front of the hotel!) and we even walked about 10mins down the water front path and to go for a sunset sail around the old town.
i definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: higher up and facing the ocean is the best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sara B

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Ive just come back from visiting Dubrovnik with my girlfriend and we had an amazing week. This was made even more special staying at Hotel Neptune!

The hotel was situated on the Babin Kuk peninsula with a beautiful view onto the Adriatic sea. It was a very peaceful area but only a 10-15 minute bus ride into the bustling old town (15 kunas pp each way) so we had the best of both worlds. The hotel service was exceptional and all of the staff very helpful. It was also my girlfriends birthday whilst we were there and on asking the staff if they could do anything they delivered a bottle of bubbly to our room (free of change). She was delighted!

The breakfast was extremely varied and fresh and you can sit on the terrace overlooking the Adriatic whilst eating. Outside of the hotel there were plenty of sun loungers around the swimming pool and the rocky areas. Also several ladder points to climb into the sea which was nice and warm!

I would highly recommend anyone to stay at Hotel Neptune, whatever your age!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rob B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a marvelous stay at Hotel Neptun, Wonderful interiors, very good service and some excellent dining too, must recommend the hotel's La Castile restaurant for the seafood and steak; very reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel, be sure to check it out. Rooms are clean, spacious and air conditioned. The hotel overlooks the beautiful Adriatic which is a short walk away or you can choose to experience the Adriatic by swimming at the hotels pool which is filled with its pristine water daily. Breakfast is included and is not only bountiful but delicious, be sure to wake up on time to start your day off right. Nearby is a walking path that follows the sea for some breathtaking views and leads you to some nice cafes and shopping. Stari Grad (Old City) is a short bus ride away also. By the way, the best way to get around in Dubrovnik is by bus as the city is always bustling with tourists. Give this hotel a try, you'll love it as much as we did.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank JimBobDole
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Lovely hotel, very professionally run. We stayed in a room with a sea view and it was spectacular as I am sure all rooms facing the sea in Croatia are. Rooms were very comfortable and had a great on suite. There is a lovely spa, three swimming pools as well as the beautiful Adriatic sea to swim in. There are also lovely walks nearby and a few very nice restaurants. It is a bit out of the centre of Dubrovnik but the bus is very nearby. The staff were very friendly and helpful, reception area, waiters and room staff.
This hotel is part of a group of hotels, all in the same area. I would strongly recommend it. If I was to find any fault, it may have a slightly generic feel if you want to experience true Croatia but that is just nit picking.

Room Tip: A sea view is essential
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lambandchops
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Neptun and our first stay in Dubrovnik. I'm going to try and write this in a logical sequence and give the first time traveller to the area some help in choosing as it is difficult with the abundance of hotels around the coastline here.

Firstly location. When we booked this my first impressions were that this was a mid size hotel. Ok, it is a mid size hotel but within a large complex of hotels which comprise of the Ariston, the Princess and one other which I can't remember. This didn't cause me a huge issue at all, but if you're looking for a small 'family run' establishment then this isn't for you.

Saying all this, the hotel is in a wonderful location, just set back from the sea on a rocky coastline. There is no beach but there are more than ample spaces for swimming and sunbathing/relaxing around the coast line. To be honest we didn't crave for a beach at all. We sat on a sun lounger right in front of a beautiful stretch of coastline with an unobstructed view - and it really is beautiful. The sea is crystal clear and fantastic for swimming. All loungers are free to residents, and there is a bar and covered lounge areas available.

It terms of amenities, and getting out and about, this hotel is absolutely fine. You have a lovely 10 minute walk into Lapad along a glorious coastal footpath if your looking for bars/restaurants. Or you have a bus stop right outside the hotel which takes you into town in 10 minutes. Just buy the ticket from reception. Location is not an issue at all. Clientelle seemed to comprise of couples and small families. It is not a place for lots of teenagers and poolside entertainment and is quiet.

The hotel itself. This place is spotless, gleaming and very pleasant. Ok the room decor could do with a bit of updating if you're not into brown/cream but its not bad at all. The rooms are again spotless, roomy with all necessary features, safe, minibar, shower, free wifi (which worked fine throughout the holiday for me). There are hotel restaurants which I never ate in except for breakfast (see below for this). As I said there is a bar (a bit pricey but well stocked). I couldn't fault the actual place at all. It is busy though with lots of throughput of customers. I was on the 7th floor and a side sea view. Best rooms are on the front of the building with a balcony.

Food. We only had breakfast here. The dinner menu was expensive and to be honest not particularly notable. We chose to eat dinner in Lapad where there was far more choice and pricing was competitive. As for the breakfast, here comes my one real negative observation. Unless you get to the hot cooked breakfast very early, then it will be only luke warm. I tried it once and it was not hot. Plenty of choice but not hot and not pleasant!! The continental style cold buffet however is excellent and wide ranging. Some lovely breads/rolls, fresh fruit, cheeses etc. I quite happily filled myself on this with no problem! Again seating is overlooking the sea and it is beautiful sitting looking at the ocean eating.

Staff. I would describe the staff as business-like and efficient as opposed to particularly outwardly friendly. Its not a negative point, they were just very efficient, polite and helpful when asked as opposed to 'gushing' (although one of the reception staff (Romana) was a little scary in her clinical efficiency - in the nicest sense of course).

Facilities. Several pools (salt water) are dotted around the site. The infinity pool was rarely used it seemed as most people went onto the actual rocks at the front of the hotel as it was a better view than the infinity pool. The sea was also warmer!! The currency exchange facilities in the hotel are reasonable which was surprising! Other half has a on site massage/spa experience - again which she thoroughly enjoyed

In summary - I'd certainly return. It is in a beautiful location, good value, and is good quality.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank SimonndJulie
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Importanne Resort a few times now, and I have to say it's just top-notch in pretty much every way. Modern and clean rooms, great seaside/pool/bar area, good food and ambiance in the restaurants, and wonderful service. I would definitely stay there again, and I've already recommended the place to friends and family!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My stay at Hotel Neptun was first class from the arrival to the departure. My room was extremely clean and modern, comfortable bed, flat-panel TV, satellite, CNN, BBC, also LIVE Barclays Premier League matches. The hotel has 1st class amenities, WI-FI, gym, spa, swimming pools, restaurants etc. Hotel also has excellent sea-side location, incredible views of Adriatic Sea, beautiful sunsets and short distance outside the Old City. Short bus ride or taxi to the Old City, the bus runs frequently and tickets are available at the front desk at a discount.
Hotel staff was excellent, friendly and helpful, guest services also helped me book my flight to Zagreb, overall the staff always met my needs.

The breakfast buffet and dinners were all amazing, top quality and huge variety for picky eaters, be sure to order a freshly made omelet and freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast, also try the octopus risotto and the smoked ham, all excellent!
Overall a fantastic hotel with everything you would want, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends