“Very nice hotel, a pleasant experience”
Review of Neptun Hotel

Neptun Hotel
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my wife in July 2011. We enjoyed our stay very much.

The staff was very helpful, polite and friendly, offering us information whenever we asked them, even though some was not related to the hotel.

The rooms were modernly furnished and well equipped (26’’ LCD TV, mini bar, air conditioner, safe, hairdryer), and the buffet breakfast and dinner were delicious, with a rich variety of food, with new elements every day.

The hotel had access to the sea and offered the tourists free sun beds, umbrellas and beach towels. Also we had free use of air conditioning, safe, parking, indoor swimming pool and sauna, WI-FI and also 2 computers in the lobby, and a ping pong table, which not all hotels offer for free.

We also liked that we had slippers and bathrobes in the room (after 3 days we received new pairs of slippers).

The view from the room was impressing, large cruise ships coming and leaving from one of the two ports of Dubrovnik virtually passed by our balcony almost every morning and evening.

The water was crystal clear; you could actually see fish swimming around you.

Only one thing could be improved, which is the bathroom. It hasn’t been renewed over the last years, as the tile is a rather old model, totally different from the rest of the hotel’s and the room’s appearance. (I don't know if all bathrooms are like that or only some of them).

Dubrovnik is an excellent place to spend the holidays, offering both relaxation (beach and crystal water, cruises to near islands) and culture (impressing old city). It is not a cheap place to spend the holidays in, though. Like everything else, accommodation is expensive in Croatia, and this hotel didn’t make an exception (it was the most expensive hotel we have ever stayed in during our vacations). But it was worth it, we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a renewed bathroom, if there are any
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We spent four delightful days at the Hotel Neptun, part of the Importanne Resort complex. Although the room was a bit on the small side, we hardly noticed it because there is so much available on site and nearby. The food at the breakfast buffet was very good, while the setting is spectacular - a balcony overlooking the Adriatic. It's a short walk down the pedestrian pathway to the Lapad Beach area, with many cafes, restaurants and other ways to entertain oneself. And the #6 bus takes you from the President Hotel next door to Pile Gate in about 20 minutes, running frequently for early morning until after midnight. Definitely a good choice in Dubrovnik

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Im from Australia and stayed at Neptun Hotel for 6 nights on my own. I was looking for a hotel that felt safe and this hotel was perfect, it has 24 hour reception and information centre with good security. A t night the beach bar is open until 1am which was good as i didnt want to be on my own out somewhere during the night for safety reasons. If you love the ocean then this is the hotel for you. The hotel is directly opposite the ocean with sun chairs to lounge in. The buffet breakfast is excellent and so is the service. The internet is free, they have a beauty salon ,gym, sauna and indoor pool. The bus stop is a 2 minute walk away and takes 15 minutes to old city, you wont be able to walk. From the hotel there is a walking path which is 20 minutes along the beach that will take you to the shopping district and restaurants and cafes. Great views. Please for that extra bit on money book the sea view room because it is awesome. This hotel has 5 star service!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mpamic
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This hotel is clearly designed for tourists, but it also has some very nice, clean, mini-suites that are suitable for business travelers to Dubrovnik. On balance I give it a 4 rating, although its probably more like a 3.5+

Disclosure:I stayed in a mini-suite that was about 35% larger than a typical room.

Plus points: Clean well appointed rooms. Outside parking area for hire car, internet was free and good quality (wired and wireless). Good pool, reasonable fitness area, good views. Easy trip by taxi (15 mins) to Dubrovnik old city.

Not so plus for business: Its essentially a tourist hotel so many groups coming and going and reception can be chaotic at times. Breakfast was fine but not stellar. One important point: some of the rooms (mine) had no safe, so ask before hand, if this is important. None of the rooms have irons/ironing boards, which is a pain if you are on business. They do have an area you can go to use an iron and this was satisfactory although certainly not ideal... or you can pay them to do it...

Staff were fine and considerate, albeit oriented to a typical 'no-nonsense' approach to be expected from dealing with hordes of foreign 'bus tourists' on a daily basis.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

For vacation, the two most important elements for me in choosing a hotel are location and view from the room. That's why, after reading comments on trip advisor and other places, I chose the Neptun Hotel. But I still crossed my fingers, hoping I hadn't made a mistake, for I had a package deal with a flight -- and a hotel for 6 nights.

The view from my balcony was one you could die for. Dazzling sunsets over the Dalmatian coast every single night and a look across the sea to the nearby Elafiti rock island inhabited only by a lighthouse.

In all, I visited five different islands and checked out their beaches, including some reputedly to be the cleanest along the Adriatic, yet I found the best spot for swimming and sunning was from (or on) the rocks, directly below the hotel. The Adriatic is simply luscious (and chilly!).

Outside the hotel, there is a lovely 15-minute shaded walkway above the rocks, parallel to the sea with a sprinkling of cafes along the way until you reach the public Lapad beach. Along the walkway I found a guy who gave private sailing lessons.

I found the hotel reception staff exceedingly helpful. One even walked me outside the hotel to show me the narrow path leading to the bus stop. It was just a three-minute walk. It is the first stop on the route to the Old Town, so even if the bus becomes crowded, one has a seat. The ride is roughly 20 minutes, part of it elbow to elbow with the locals and part of it with stunning views of the coast and sea.

I found Croatian food fresh, yet bland. I tried a number of most recommended restaurants in Lonely Planet and Eye Witness. Because my hotel package included dinner as well as breakfast, I discovered that dining around 7 before the group tours arrived was more quiet. And a buffet is always better before everyone puts their fork in all the dishes! I love risottos and the most scrumptious ones I ate in Dubrovnik were at the Neptun – one was shrimp and the other claimed to be celery!

The room was small, very adequate for a solo traveler, but probably crowded for a duo. I was comfortable, "living" there for nearly a week. What was most important to me was that wifi was available from the room and free. Although on vacation, I needed to be connected to my work. There are also two computers in the lobby area free for hotel guests that were nearly always available.

I loved staying at the Neptun – the view of course made all the difference. It is a superior four-star hotel and I am now recommending it to all my family and friends.

1  Thank holylandpilgrim
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Stayed here for a week in July and only just getting around to reveiwing. This place is amazing. From the Taxi pick up at the airport to the taxi ride home this hotel provided us service like we've never experienced. Their reccomendations on restaurants never failed to impress. Their slick management of the pool, rock beach and bar area were second to none. Their breakfast was devine and the rooms were very spacious with private balcony also. Every staff member was happy and welcoming and the front desk was run with precision.

It is situated amongst two sistering hotels and surrounded by a walk way that can take you right into the night life restaurant area. The bus stop is directly outside it's front doors and it is the first stop so you always get a seat.

We loved the hotel, we loved the city and we will definitely be returning. This place knows what service means and delivers on it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kiwi_Tripping
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This was our first time in Eastern Europe so we didn't know what to expect. Having just spent a week in Rome, we were thrilled by how clean and friendly Croatia was. The hotel staff was very friendly and so very helpful. The location was perfect. We caught the public bus a half block from the hotel. It ran about every 20 minutes. We never had to take a taxi. The hotel ever arranged transportation to and from the airport. The rooms were typical european in that they were not very large, but very clean. We had a balcony with a fabulous view. The breakfast was included and was very good. We would love to return to Croatia and the Neptun Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011