“Practically perfect in every way!”
Review of Hotel Lapad

Hotel Lapad
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in the stunning city of Dubrovnik. It truly is paradise on earth. We stayed in the absolutely charming Hotel Lapad and were literally blown away by the wonderful service. The Croatians were extremely friendly and helpful. I felt very comfortable in the hotel, nothing was too much trouble and the atmosphere was extremely relaxed. The room was absolutely beautiful in a boutique style with all modern fixtures and fittings. The hotel was absolutely spotless and extremely pretty. There is a Breakfast buffet with something for everyone.

The only thing I would of liked was Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. However Room Service provide coffee and tea very smartly for a mere £1.50.

Hotel Lapad is located adjacent to Gruz harbour on the Lapad peninsula. The entrance opens onto the harbourside where there is a wonderful view of the bridge, harbour and visiting cruise boats. The Number 6 bus takes you directly into town for approximately £1.20 in about 10 minutes. The buses are about every fifteen minutes and stop directly outside the hotel. Walking to the left for 10 minutes brings you to the beautiful beach at Lapad and a pedestrianised walk full of restaurants and bars. The atmosphere was relaxed and the air smelt of orange blossoms. The beach is stony and the waters crystal clear. There is a wonderful walk around the headland amongst mediteranean pines looking out to the Elaphite Islands.

Dubrovnik and Croatia (we also went to beautiful, sleepy Cavtat) was a revelation to me. I can' t imagine going anywhere else now. The stay at Lapad was the best hotel experience I've ever had. We are now planning tp go back in the summer for 2 weeks. I would thoroughly recommend this top class hotel.

9  Thank mousey10

Reviewed May 14, 2011

We had a week at the Hotel Lapad and were touched by the high standards of service, cleanliness and helpful staff. The only minus point was that, with meals being buffet/servery style, food was not always as hot as it should have been.

The Maitre D' has a marvellous sense of humour!

4  Thank fernhill54
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I have never written a review before, but felt compelled to do so ,after returning from a wonderful visit to Dubrovnik. The Lapad is a beautiful hotel,with an elegant facade but modern designer feel to the rooms. The location is brilliant, food is good and plentiful. The staff are most courteous, friendly and helpful. It is very quiet,we slept really well throughout our stay.If you are looking for a great hotel, value for money and a magical escape, book this hotel now, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Side sea view rooms have a balcony
1  Thank 187,069
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My first comment is to refute the criticism of someone who said the breakfasts were very poor. My Wife and I found exactly what we needed each day with an excellent variety of choice. The evening meal was equally as good with the same range of excellent choice. The staff were warm, friendly and very helpful. The room was vey comfortable and spacious with a small balcony. I used the mini bar often and was not ripped off on restock prices, unlike some other hotels. The age average was quite high but that contributed to the peace and tranquility of it all. The hotel is away from the town centre but only a 1.5 Euro bus ride away with busses every 10 minutes. The only thing I missed was my nice hot cup of tea in bed each morning. The hotel is fairly large and I imagined that tea brought by room service would be luke warm on arrival at the room. A small kettle with the "makings" would fix that. All i all, an excellent hotel and we enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to anyone in the 50+ age group.

Room Tip: Specify your requirements exactly.
2  Thank halpower49
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Hotel fantastic facing Gruz Port, very well located near the main interesting places. Not only we have a bus stop in front of the hotel but we can walk easily either to the old town or to Sumratin bay, a nice area where you can stroll along Zvonimir King promenade, a pedestrian way full of cafes and restaurants and leading to the beach .
The hotel rooms are well equiped, nicely furnished, very clean and the one we had, had a very nice sea side view. It was very quiet and I must say that we slept very well. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The buffet breakfast was nice. There is also a charming swimming pool --mind you, more palm trees or vegetation would be needed around the pool;
I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to travel to Dubrovnik and spend a lovely time.

2  Thank FOREST11375
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and loved it. It is in a great location in Lapad overlooking the harbour/port. It is about a half hour walk into the old town and about 10 minutes on the bus. \We had one of the superior rooms overlooking the port and pool. It was a lovely room, good size and really well decorateed. Despite being at the front of the hotel we heard no noise and I am a light sleeper.

Our minor complaint (if that) is that the electrics in the room were rather complicated and I am glad we didn't have to use the air con as we would never have worked it out! Also the bathroom was not the best design in that the shelves by the sink were knee level rather that sink level.

The service was very good and so was the buffet breakfast - a great choice of hot and cold food. The pool area for the size of the hotel was a bit small although it was fine at this time of year - I can imagine it would be very busy in summer.

It was my husbands 50th whilst we were there and the lady that cleaned the rooms must have seen his cards as when we got back to the room in the evening there was a note wishing him happy birthday and a plate of fruit - we thought this was a really nice touch.

In terms of eating out we found the old town (and Pile) rather expensive for what you got. We ate at the Rivas restaurant near the hotel( turn right which was very good), the Orsan yatch club (turn left out of the hotel and first right - and was excellent and you can sit outside by the harbour). We also walked across the penisula to Uvala bay where there are a few resturants and bars, plus we walked around the coastal path where we found other places - all much better value.

All in all a fab time and recommended.

2  Thank TTK
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Lapad for four nights. The hotel is beautiful, immaculately clean, with very friendly staff. The breakfast is good and the bar prices are suprisingly reasonable, particularly in comparison to those in the old town. The only slight downside about this hote is a lack of cushions on the sun loungers and no tea making facilities in the rooms...although this didn't detract from the stay, it would have been a bonus.
It is a short bus ride to the old town and the bus (no.6) stops right outside the hotel. I would recommend getting on here for your journey to the old town, rather than walking to the marina for a shorter journey, as if you do this you may find that you can not even get on the packed bus, let alone get a seat.
Dubrovnik is a fabulous city, with some great excursions available and probably the most friendly people you could meet.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends