Villa Dubrovnik
Villa Orsula(Dubrovnik)
  • Beachfront
The Pucic Palace(Dubrovnik)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop barboat serviceboat shuttleold cityjacuzzi on the balconybeautiful hotelprosciuttoprivate boatwine barlokrum islandmoment you arriveon the rocksindoor poollounge chairsour honeymoonsunbathing areabreakfast is served
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had booked our flights last minute and tried to get the three nights at the Villa Dubrovnik, however they were only available the last two nights of our stay. The first night we stayed at the Villa Sheherezade (part of villa Argentina) Having had a outstanding experience at the Villa Sheherezade, we were a little apprehensive. All I can say is if you can, stay at this place. It's a gem! Hotel staff are absolutely outstanding - personally service is one of the most important factors during my stay anywhere. Location is out of this world, architecture, design, restaurant - everything is stunning. The restaurant is top quality which is beautiful, wine list is terrific. The spa is out of this world. One of the best pedicures I've ever had, and this is saying a lot since I'm addicted to them. Everything is perfect, really. I'd give it 6 stars if I can. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The top floors are the best
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank eliane_22
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Eliane, Thank you very much for your kind review! First of all I have to thank you for your compliments to our staff; we are looking very much to keep them professional and always on your service and I am sharing your opinion that service is really the most important part of every business. As you are mentioning in this review, I can see that you enjoyed all of our facilities, and have a nice time here with us, so I really hope that you will come again in Dubrovnik and visit our Villa, it would be my great pleasure to host you again.
With my best regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed in Villa Dubrovnik for my last night in Croatia and what a pleasant surprise. When we finally found the place at the top entrance off the street, they took over from there....from taking my rental car keys and returning for me to giving me a free 1/2 hour energy massage I knew I was going to be pampered.

I was surprised that the hotel is a bit modern, with is a cool and soothing way, not harsh at all. The views from my room were spectacular, looking over the cliffs, the islands, the mega-yachts and the old town of Dubrovnik where I had a private boat take me back and forth.

The private beach was a quaint little area with a rocky area, and there was also a very large covered pool. Lunch and breakfast were served in a small cozy area with everything a la carte. Great food and great service. The 5th floor outdoor bar at night again provides spectacular view.

To top my short perfect stay was the surprise ride to the airport (again more spectacular views). I thought I called a taxi, however the hotel provided me with a free, chauffeured mercedes. What a perfect sendoff. I highly suggest this hotel!

4  Thank docjennings

Dear Docjennings, I really appreciate your review, thank you for all kind words about our hotel and service. I am very glad that you spend some short but nice time in Villa Dubrovnik! Our hotel is newly renovated just 2 years ago, and designed as very modern but again warm and nice. View is something special here; you have sea view from all residences, and all major outlets have Old town view, same as our suites.
Our beach is very private, so it is perfect to enjoy time of relaxation and peace. We are very proud on the restaurant with beautiful view and amazing food, so I am glad that you have chance to dine there and enjoyed our cuisine. Our aim is to always fulfil our guests' wishes, such as we did to your friend who wanted us to organize transfer for you, and she paid for it together with her transfer.
I hope you will have some other opportunity to visit us again, and I would be more than happy to meet you and host you here in our Villa Dubrovnik!
With my best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights during our honeymoon. Everything was perfect : from the arrival, with the very friendly staff at the reception and the magnificent views and design of the hotel, until our departure many hours after our check out - as the hotel kindly let us stay as long as we wanted on that last day so we could enjoy the beach - and everything in between.

The front desk was ever so helpful and kind - Roberto took very good care of us. Our room was fantastic. We were upgraded because it was our honeymoon and that meant we had a jacuzzi on the balcony. We had a beautiful view of the sea and Lokrum. Everything was top-notch - bed, balcony, bathroom, even the TV if you care about it. Every day, we found chocolates and flower petals on the bed when we came back to our room after spending some time outside. Very romantic.

The breakfast was fabulous. It was included in the price and they let you order everything you want. There is a great variety, with a selection of fruits, cheeses, meats, eggs, cereals, bread, jams, pastries, all the hot drinks, and everything is delicious. We wanted to try something new every day and were not disappointed. They serve the breakfast in the restaurant outside, a very nice spot in the morning with a view towards the sea and towards the old city.

We did not try the restaurant at other times, except at the private beach where we ordered twice (burger, steak sandwich) and found that it was good and not too expensive.
The private beach was wonderful. It is rocks and concrete indeed, in pure local fashion, but they managed to make it look good. The area is very quiet and very relaxing, with confortable sun loungers. The water is very clear and you can see all the way to the bottom. Swimming there is such a treat.

And then from the private beach there is a boat shuttle service to the old city every hour. A beautiful venitian vaporetto takes you there, and back, in about 5 minutes each way. A very comfortable way of coming and going!

We also tried the sky bar, at the top of the hotel, with stunning views from the high chairs and delicious cocktails.

I could go on for hours but the bottom line is that we had a truly memorable stay at Villa Dubrovnik. We generally do not spend that much money on hotels but still we felt it was well worth it. If you can afford it, don't think twice, this is the place.

Room Tip: Obviously, a room facing the sea is a must, and/or facing the old city
2  Thank Ferdinand P
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Ferdinand,
Thank you very much for your nice review. I am really glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon in Villa Dubrovnik and as you told, that you had memorable stay in our hotel. I am really proud as GM to see that we are doing good job and running this hotel on high level. I am also so proud on all of my staff because they are very important part of our success.
I hope you will have opportunity to visit us again and we will make sure that your stay with us will be even better, kind regards

Reviewed July 6, 2012

It was a welcome treat to arrive at Villa Dubrovnik! The setting of the villa is magnificent. It is perched above the Adriatic with views of the sea, islands and the Old Town of Dubrovnik. It's apparent from the minute you arrive that this hotel is special. It's elegant in an understated yet simple way. The service is friendly and outstanding. The food was creative and delicious. I hated to leave this haven of luxury. The beach which is made up of flat perches amongst the rocks is private and special. The water is crystal clear and inviting. I look forward to returning to the Villa Dubrovnik. Unlike other hotels we stayed at in Croatia, this is a destination that you want to have time to enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that offers a view of the Old Town as well as the Sea!
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guests,
We are really honored to receive review like yours, full of positive impressions about our Villa Dubrovnik and Villa Dubrovnik team! I can see that you enjoyed your time here with us very much, and that is the most important thing in this business and the best award for hard work and extend effort. I would like to meet you and host you again in our Villa Dubrovnik where I am sure you will have even better feedback!
Anything that I can do I personally stay at your disposal. With my best regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a beautiful property perched above the Adriatic with stunning views of Dubrovnik. The staff is outstanding, rooms are nice and the food is very good (although pricey). If you like to swim, they have a great (rocky) "beach" over crystal clear water with the ability to swim for miles up and down the coast (watch out for boats). Be aware that the sun chairs start filling up fast in the afternoon...snag one early in the day.

Some things to be aware of:
Showers - Although the rooms are nice the showers are unbelievably dysfunctional. There is no way to shower without getting water all over the bathroom. They also failed to refill our shampoo every day which was strange.

Boat - Villa Dubrovnik provides an awesome boat that makes several trips back and forth to the old city. This is a great convenience but beware that the boat sometimes leaves early, sometimes late, and has a somewhat illogical schedule (leaving every hour between 6pm and 11pm - except at 8pm). If you miss your boat it's about a 15 minute walk into the city which isn't bad.

Pool Service - The place has staff out the wazoo at check-in and in the main restaurant. But there is only one stressed out pool boy working like crazy to get drinks to all the people on the beach. We waited about 15 minutes to get his attention then another 15 minutes for our drinks to show up. Not a huge deal but something the hotel should address.

All in all we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Get a sea view.
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Austin,
I would like to thank you for your kind review, we all do appreciate all of your comments. Thank you very much for considering our staff as professional providing great service for our guests. What is really special about this hotel is location; with beautiful view all around. Also I would like to make some comments on things which you stated; Showers-we are very aware of certain problems with showers in our rooms and we have that in plan as investing in it during the winter when we are able to do so, so next time when you come it will be definitely solved. Vaporetto boat is leaving Villa Dubrovnik and Old Town port according schedule which is stated in every room, so all of our guests are familiar with it. I am very sorry if it was not prompt when you were here, I will definitely check that with our skipper and make sure that this is not happening again if that was mistake of our skippers. But I need to mention that sometimes we have request from our quest to wait few minutes and also if the boat is full, maximum 10 pax it is going earlier because it can not fit other guests but is coming back to pick them up. Regarding waiters and bar service in pool area, I appreciate your comment very much and I am aware that you are right about increasing number of people there to improve that kind of service which we already did at this point. Thank you very much for that.
I would really like to host you again and meet you in person on your next visit to our Villa Dubrovnik! With my best regards,