“great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Dubrovnik
cheshire
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

we spent 4 nights in the valamar club, me and my friend, both 40+ females. We knew it was more of a family friendly hotel, but went to check it out for possible future trips with our children. We were pleasantly surprised as to how clean everywhere was and how friendly the staff were towards us, we felt completely safe. We were on the 'all inclusive light' food was plentiful and varied, you could always find something to eat. Free drinks were limited to meal times only, and consisted of local beer (tasty), red and white wine (very tasty) and soft drinks, inc water. The view from the pool is beautiful, overlooking the adriatic and you can watch the cruise liners passing by into dubrovnik. The rooms are quite basic and in need of some updating, but have a flat screen tv and are very clean.
The bus stop is at the top of the hill outside the hotel and takes you directly into the old time in about 15 mins, be prepared to stand on the bus. Overall, would return there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ali-b65
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for staying in hotel Valamar club Dubrovnik and taking time to share your experience with other travelers.
We are very happy to read your valuable review and recommendation. For us, it is the best verification that hotel is really doing a good job and rest assured we will do everything to retain it that way and will never stop improving our service.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel on your next visit.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've stayed 1 week in Valamar Club and our stay was wonderful thanks to staff, food, rooms and hotel itself. The staff was very helpful for everything and positive and has smiley faces. The food was fantastic with a wide variety of foods, animation club members are so fun and engaging, rooms has a great view and cleaning is at the maximum. Overall, we definitely suggest this hotel to whom will stay at Dubrovnik! Derya&Huseyin from İstanbul, Turkey

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Deryacata
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for sending your valuable review on Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel and taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.
We are very happy to read positive impressions from your holiday in Dubrovnik which are, without doubt, the best invitation for our future guests.
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently spent a week in club valamar on a full board basis. The weather was gorgeous, the location was beautiful, the food was generous and varied, the pool was really big and never full.
The location, overlooking the adriatic sea was gorgeous. The people were welcoming and the staff were very pleasant. We did not have a pool view but this was our only quibble.

Would highly recommend it - go before the high season to avoid the real heat and also the amount of cruise visitors that land in dubrovnik on a daily basis.

Room Tip: The hotel was quiet and everything closed before midnight which made it great to sleep no matter whe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marypartridge
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent very recently my holidays in the Valamar Club Hotel in Valamar resort in Dubrovnik. I have been very happy with the hotel, with the service, food (buffet and grill), good connection with the beatiful Old City of Dubrovnik (a bus just at the top of the hill takes you stgraight downtown in about 15 minutes) .But there was something more that made a very big impression on me. As everywhere in Dubrovnik, there are some cats around the hotel (as well as Lilly – a dog) and in this hotel complex, too. I was amazed to see how people take care about those animals! The hotel staff is friendly to them as well as some people that are coming and feed them, even take them to the vet to get spayed! They seem in good condition and are quite friendly. I heard also from the other guests how they were impressed! I just have to share this on Trip advisor because it shows the high level of consciousness and shows that Croatia is ready for European Union. Bravo!

Room Tip: Get a room on the left wing (as you face the sea) and it will be quieter. There is a large pool tha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read your positive impressions from your holiday in Dubrovnik and rest assured your comments will be forward to entire hotel staff.
In hope that we will be able to welcome you again in Valamar club Dubrovnik on your next visit, please receive my kind regards.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel is clean light and easy to navigate. The pool was lovely but its a shame it was deep and didn't feel confident enough to go all the way in. The staff were some of the nicest most pleasant people I have come across. The animation team were lovely kept you entertained and got people involved in activities such as aqua aerobics. The food was lovely and fresh and great if you like fish which unfortunately I don't but I still found plenty of other things to eat including there delicious desserts. If you want a table outside it is best to arrive to meals early. There is entertainment on site every night which I enjoyed nearly every night but one where we went to see the old town a night. There is a bus stop 5 minutes away that will take you straight into the old town, and the beach is also a 5 minute walk away. I was sad to leave and wanted to stay so I will be visiting again in the future even if it is just to see lily again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sunangel28
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read your positive impressions from your holiday in Dubrovnik and I thank you for your nice words about our entire staff. I strongly believe they are our greatest value.
We are already looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel on your next visit.
In meantime, please, receive my kind regards
Hotel manager
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great hotel. I went on a niece's hen weekend and we all wished we could have stayed longer. The hotel, set in a beautiful location provided everything we could have wished for. The rooms were lovely and clean. There was a wide selection of food and the staff were cheerful, friendly and extremely helpful. I'd stay there again, but next time for longer

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen F
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels & Resort and me personally, I would like to thank you for staying in Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel.
It is pleasure to read your nice comments about our staff. We do believe they are truly our greatest value.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and we are looking forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Dubrovnik
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Returned home yesterday after spending a week with my husband at this great hotel. If you are looking for a stuffy 5 star type of place then go elsewhere. If you would like a clean, welcoming hotel in a beautiful location,with an amazing variety of nice food, friendly staff and all at a bargain price then you cant go wrong. I honestly cant believe the great value this hotel provides. The fact that it is a short distance from Dubrovnik old town and in a fabulous location is all anyone should want. Lie on your sunbed by the pool and watch the cruise liners pass by!
Thank you for a great holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lucanlady
Dear Guest,
We are very happy to read your positive impressions from Dubrovnik which are, without doubt, the best invitation to our future guests.