We just returned from our stay at the Grand Villa Argentina in Dubrovnik. We initially booked for 3 nights, intending to go to another hotel the second half of our week in Dubrovnik. But after seeing the second hotel we agreed: the GVA has the best spot in Dubrovnik! We managed to cancel the 2nd hotel and extended our stay with Kristina at the reception (after first trying to extend with another young male member of staff who wasn't very helpful). Kristina made us feel very welcome and handled our request efficient and professional. She gave us the same room price as on the internet and we could stay in the same room.
GVA is approximately a 10 minutes walk (downhill) from the Old Town and has the best views of Dubrovnik. The room is not big, but is has everything you need (satellite tv, safe for laptop, hairdryer in the bathroom, L'Occitane toiletries). Beds were very comfortable.
We didn't have a balcony (2nd floor) but it has sliding glass door windows. There is a little fridge (which is quite full with mini-bar items, but you can easily take some out and use it for your own items). The room has A/C but we hardly used it as the evenings were cool (but still nice enough to have dinner outside).
There are bathrobes and slippers in the room - very handy when you are going to the pool.
The breakfast is very good. There is a large buffet with everything you could wish for at breakfast. Besides this, there is the possibility to order from the menu (porridge, omelet, boiled, poached or fried eggs - all free of charge). The terrace outside has the view to die for. Over the Adriatic sea and towards the Old Town - so beautiful!
Waiters are friendly and efficient.
The swimming pool is on level 0 (reception on level 6). It has good lounge beds and a towel service. The nice pool man will arrange it for you. From here you can go for a swim in the sea which is so clear, that you can see all kinds of fish. Try feeding them some bread and it is as if you are swimming in an aquarium.
On the first level there is a small gym, an indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel. We preferred going into the Old town as there was always a nice buzz and lots of people. We had nice dinners at Konoba Jezuiet, Gusta me, Storia and Oliva Gourmet. Price for 2 including wine is around £50.
The hotel is close to the harbor where you can book trips to Cavtat (very quiet but beautiful village and not much to do there) or the Elaphite islands. We took the ferry from the port in Gruz to Lopud (38 kuna per person return). Bus 8 which stops in front of the hotel takes you straight to the port in about 15 minutes. Very easy and cheap to book other trips to islands here (like Mljet).
Other things to do: glass bottom boat, kayaking, semi-submarine, etc.
There is a beach close to the hotel with rocks and shingle/sand with beach bar Eastwest.
Also a bakery and small grocery store just before the entrance to the Old town.
We took the shuttle bus from the cable car station back to the airport (20 minutes) for 35 kuna each. Ask reception for departure times.
We can't fault this hotel and will definitely return to Grand Villa Argentina!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik