We recently booked a couple of rooms in this hotel for our week in Dubrovnik. It’s a decent hotel with its biggest selling point being the great view of the Adriatic Sea and nearby islands you get from every room. The rooms are the size of a normal hotel room but they also have balconies to sit and drink some wine while watching the sunset. The décor was physically new but some things, such as the carpeting, seemed stuck in the 70s. We only had dinner at the hotel twice but the food was fine given the price of the hotel and the meal itself.
The beach was a typical Mediterranean pebble beach. I don’t really like these kinds of beaches but I don’t think there are many alternatives in Croatia unless you find a place where someone has dumped truckloads of sand onto the original beach. Anyway, we had a great time after we started wearing water shoes and sandals while swimming.
I think the biggest negative of the hotel is that it doesn’t have a proper swimming pool. This is very important for families with kids or for anyone when the sea water is too cold for enjoyable swimming. The hotel does have an indoor pool only accessible through the ‘wellness center’ but some of the hotel staff suck the fun out of the experience once you get there. We were using the pool one day, for example, and had our children as well as others’ reprimanded by an older staff member because they were jumping, not diving, but just jumping in from the side. You also can’t bring drinks or do the normal things you do when trying to relax poolside.
If you like diving, they have a dive shop conveniently located at the beach. The cost was only about 330 kuna or about $60 per dive. No reservations were required with a license. You just show up and go.
The fitness center had four treadmills or elliptical machines but only one weight machine so it was fine for people who like cardio stuff but not so great for weight training.
Overall, it’s a nice place but I think it’s probably better suited for retired people and couples but not for families with kids. My kids had fun times at the hotel but also got bored if we spent too much time there. I also think the price was a little high for what you get. We've stayed at a few places around the Adriatic/Aegean and have paid less for the same view and quality of hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik