We booked this hotel on a BA deal in May 2013. I emailed the hotel prior to arrange transportation which is available for EUR35 from Dubrovnik airport. It takes approx. 30min from the airport to the hotel. The check in was quick and efficient.
The room was basic ( as we booked the standard room ) which was fine. Although no bathrobes, slippers provided which I would usually expect in a 4 star hotel. The bathroom, water pressure was great however some of the tiles were slightly chipped and it could do with some renovation in the near future. The minibar was fully stocked and had a great choice / prices. The terrace was clean, had 2 chairs and a small side table.
We had challenges operating the safe as it showed an error code but Reception quickly sent someone upstairs who was extremely friendly and apologetic for the inconvenience. We had lunch once at the beach restaurant but the choice was very limited. The spa facilities are clean and the massages we had were good. We paid around EUR 90 for a couples massage which is not much compared to UK prices.
Breakfast was served from 7am - 10am and busy every morning as I assume all guests have breakfast included. Unfortunately we had to ask for the table to be set up on 4 out of 5 mornings. The choices are great and lots of healthy options.
Bus number 6 leaves right outside the door and takes you to Dubrovnik in 15min. As this is the first stop you always get a seat and the bus gets extremely crowded later on.
Reception was very helpful and friendly and we received some great recommendations for restaurants.
Go to Restaurant Amfora, it is not in the old town but so worth going there. Service and food is truly outstanding!
Avoid Taj Mahal, the Bosnian restaurant as they have people queing next to your table and the service is very rushed. It took 20min from the moment to sit down to receive the main course and we DID have a starter which was taken away while we were still chewing....
If there was anything they could improve, the lifts which are nice to look at but very slow. That's why most people take the stairs but not everybody is physically able to.
The other point, please please change the bed linen more often. Ours was not changed in 5 days which is not acceptable in a 4 star hotel on the beach. I fully understand the environmental thoughts behind that and saw the note to leave the sign for housekeeping if we wanted to have them changed but I expect this done at least every 3rd day.
Valamar President is definitely a great choice for visiting Dubrovnik. The team is very friendly and service is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik