See this review for a pormenorized review of the Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel.
For a first time in Dubrovnik, this hotel didn´t let us down. The conditions vary from Excellent to Average, but overall this is an hotel that you should consider when spending vacation in Dubrovnik. The location is very good, about 15 minutes away from the Old City of Dubrovnik, by bus, or less if you rent a car. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area of the Old City, so our recomendation is to, at least on the first days of the travel,go by bus or car to it, and eat there. Try one of the high rated restaurants in this site, and visit the various monuments, including the Ancient Walls, the Cathedrals; just the life of the city and the people within.
Now about the hotel´s own restaurant. You can eat in two restaurants of choice, one "A La Carte", and the other "Buffet". We only ate in the "Buffet" one, but the other seemed pretty good too. The "Buffet" has a huge variety of food, both on breakfast ( pancakes, ham, cereals, salads, fruit, bacon -ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....- eggs; you know, all that good stuff. At dinner, you can have fish, meat, salads, a great variety of vegetables, some very good rice and pastas, some desserts and fruit.
The rooms are quiet ( we didn´t hear nothing when we were sleeping aside some occasional footsteps or voices in the corredor, but nothing that would keep us awake. What really kept us awake was the beds. Not the actual beds, they are quite normal; but the pillows where so soft that they tend to be actually uncomfortable. Nevertheless, we had nice sleep, and the pillows are nothing you should worry much about.
The rooms really are spacious, and there are balconies with sea view in every single one, but the TV is quite old, and the bathrooms really aren´t in their best condition.
Now up to the good stuff.
The sea is crystal clear, and has lots of fishies. The pebble is hard on the feet, but you can buy some special sandals in the market close to the hotel that make swimming and snorkeling a million times easier and less painfull :). The sun beds are very good, and the conditions of the beach itself are wonderful.
Now the staff. All the people in the hotel were extremelly friendly, helping us when we needed, and saluting us every single day ( with the exception of some unfriendly people on the beach bar, which by the way serves food for lunch if you want some good ol fashioned burger :b ).
The conditions of the Wellness center are amazing: the jacuzzi, the sauna, the turkish bath, the back rubs ( although I didn´t try this last ones) were, or seemed at least, of the charts, with green areas close to the jacuzzi, sun beds close to the sauna and turkish bath, and an inside pool that is amazing.
There is also a small souvenir and magazines/newspapers shop; an internet corner, with two computers ( although there is free wifi, a bit slow, but still free ) and a path to the right ( when you´re facing the hotel main entrance in front of you ) that should be tried by all, at about 19:00 to 20:00 o´clock, when the sun is going down in the sea.
And we get to the cherry on top of the cake, the views. In the restaurant, in the beach, in your room or in the panoramic elevator ( that takes forever to go up and down ) the views are privileged, from the deep sea, to the mountains, the isles and, finally, the sunset.
Very good hotel, and extremelly recommended, to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik