First impressions of our hotel were draped in mystery because upon arrival, the full view of the hotel is not evident because of it's unusual design.However, when you walk into the reception and catch a glimpse of it's porthole views across the sea, you start to get an idea as to just how lovely this hotel really is.
The check in was swift and efficient and we headed off to our room. (room 512), wow! Our first view was of the large bed with overhead canopy and the lovely lounge area,but the best was yet to come; we opened the shutters to reveal the most fantastic sea view ever! The "balcony" was actually a huge terrace (our rooms were deluxe booked via Cosmos), approx 25ft long!
The only thing missing from this great room was the provision of tea and coffee making facilities, but honestly this is really just nit picking!
The hotel food is good and plentiful and regularly replaced as and when required.Evening entertainment for the beginning of May was either non existent or very poor, with the exception of a string trio one night, who were actually very good and added a bit of culture to the evening.
The spa facilities and indoor pool were excellent and never crowded.The hotel and rooms were exceptionally clean and the staff were always brilliantly helpful and friendly.
The location of the hotel is perfectly located and a number 6 bus will take yo directly to the old city!
Tip: buy a three day "Dubrovnik" card because this is excellent value and will get you free admission to a number of attractions that you would probably miss otherwise; you also get 10 free bus rides included too!
The scenery in Croatia is stunning and one of the loveliest places we have ever visited! Go soon, before others also discover the charms of Croatia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik