This has to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in, and once again the TripAdvisor reviews helped us greatly in deciding to stay here over the Imperial Hilton at Pile Gate (despite its superior rating).
To categorize this review into major sections:
- Hotel staff were always available to help with a restaurant choice or to assist with the booking of tours. You can avoid the lineups at the Pile Gate by buying your ticket direct from the hotel; and they have deals with the tour operators such that small children are often free.
- My daughter hurt her foot on the trip and the concierge offered to carry her to our room. Imagine that sort of service anywhere else!
- The hotel will also arrange private transport to the hotel from the Dubrovnik airport at a cost of around £40 (£70 for a large van for larger families). Again a very nice touch if you wish to spend the money.
- The breakfasts were perhaps the most extensive we have had. Croatian prosciutto, cereals, made to order omlettes, fruits, champagne, were abundant.
- And for those who like to take a later breakfast the room was open until 10:30 for breakfast which was included in the price of the hotel.
- For a hotel, food and drink prices were competitive and service standards were very good. If you stay in the hotel for lunch, order off the bar menu, which has a great club sandwhich or open faced raost beef sandwich. Good deals, for under £10 apiece.
- Stunning (yet rocky) private beach with ice blue and green waters and beautiful cliffs fit for diving, if you are brave.
- Although a bunch of school kids snuck in after school to go for a swim, they were playing nicely in the ocean and were loud but not really a bother.
- There is a magnificent indoor pool, small workout room (no treadmill, just a cross trainer, rowing maching and bike) as well as a sauna, steam room and massage room. While we did not partake, massages are very well priced compared to other luxury hotels. Again service at the spa was impeccable with towels provided without you asking for them and constant replenishment of bottled water in the workout room, etc.
- We had two standard, connecting rooms which were great for kids.
- Bathrooms were spotless, recently renovated and maintained to the highest order.
- TVs of around 30 inches were wall mounted and various international channels were available.
- Rooms were good size and definitely suitable for small children. Our kids stayed in a second room where three beds were easily accommodated.
- 1.5 KM from the Pile Gate, and a nice 15 minute downhill walk going, but pretty taxing coming back up, especially after a few drinks. Expect to pay Kuna40-50 for a ride back up from the taxi rank outside the Pile Gate (£6).
- The location is reasonably quiet and close to a residential areas surrounding the premises.
- The facade is glass and extremely modern.
- We paid Euro190/night for our rooms. A very competitive rate for a top class hotel. This is not a cheap option, but there is definitely value for money as the service standards are outstanding.
- The entrance to the rooms on the reception floor (i.e. beside the tour desk) are not equipped with a pass code or cardkey requirement. Despite good overall room security, the entrance should be secured. Not a major issue but one that management could easily and cheaply remedy.
The only "negative" is that the hotel, despite its adverts, does not take Euros. This is the same for the entire country; they have the kuna which is approximately 8:1 (£) and 7:1 (Euros). That is not a negative for the hotel really because there is a cash point about a two minute walk away where one can get kunas.
We cannot recommend this hotel more and would suggest that other TripAdvisor readers consider this hotel as a boutique option to one of the larger chain hotels available in Dubrovnik.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL BELLEVUE DUBROVNIK, one of Europe’s coolest new hotels according to the Sunday Times, is a unique hotel for discerning individual guests with an appreciation for luxury and attention to detail. The hotel is located in a spectacular 30 meter-high clifftop position overlooking the Adriatic, few minutes walking distance from the Old city of Dubrovnik. All 91 luxurious bedrooms and suites have sea views and are equipped with the latest technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.