“Did not want to leave!”

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Will keep it simple:

Great location, about a 10 minute walk from Old Town and far enough away from the hustle and bustle
Private beach in beautiful bay, meaning you don't have to compete to get a good spot
Unbelievable views
Service by the employees is outstanding, you will not go without anything and the concierges were fantastic
Restaurants were great although breakfast could have a better variety or be better presented
We attended for 5 nights as part of our round the world honeymoon and this was our favourite location
Rooms are great but you do not want to spend anytime in the rooms when you have such a great resort
Only downside for us is that the gym is lacking in equipment
We are already talking about when we can return next
Highly recommend Hotel Bellevue

1  Thank SharpTravellers2714
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear SharpTravellers2714,
I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a wonderful stay with us.
Your kind comments regarding services will certainly be forwarded to the Team and I am sure they will be very happy to hear that you have felt taken care during your stay.
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. For the next season we are planning to enlarge our gym and improve equipment.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon !
Yours sincerely,
Hotel "Bellevue, Dubrovnik

There are newer reviews for Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel has recently upgraded itself from three to five stars. Pity it was only the rating that was upgraded, because the hotel just qualifies for three stars (I think). The rooms are small, and there were only facilities for tea or coffee for the first night. There are no bottles of water provided for free and the cleaning of the room certainly leaves a lot to desire. We stayed there for three nights and our drinking glasses were never changed or cleaned, despite complaining. There was no night turndown service and the serving staff at night are very erratic in their service provision. It is quite a long walk to the old town, about three kilometers down hill, the walk back was tough after eating and drinking. The spa staff are surly and there was no way I would trust my body to them - lol. Dubrovnik is expensive, but for the price you would expect value and there is no value here. My advice go to another country if you want a break.

Room Tip: The hotel states that it has a private beach. The beach is a public beach and the hotel only has pri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fredex
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Milton Keynes,
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in a certain aspects.
I also understand the reviews on Tripadvisor are based on subjective opinion so as in your case,so please let me seize the opportunity to highlight the objective ones for the travelling community.
The hotel can not upgrade itself. Categorisation of the hotel is done by Croatian Ministry of Tourisme and already 7 years hotel Bellevue is operarting as a 5 stars hotel.
All our rooms are "smart rooms" which means that if you leave your room key card in the socket for all staff ( room service, housekeeping) is forbidden to disturb.IProbably you did not know that and I am sorry that you did not tell us.
Regarding our location and distance from the old town hotel is only 1,2 km far from the old town and 15-20 min. walk is normal time to reach main street in the old town.
Dubrovnik as a most beautiful city in Croatia - pearl of Adriatic is on the World heritage list protected by UNESCO - very popular and very full during summer ( July,August)
I would be more then happy to have privilege of welcoming you back again in Dubrovnik and hotel "Bellevue " in a pre or post high season.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

As the name suggests, the hotel boasts a nice view to the sea. The hotel's structure is interesting. The reception is on top of a cliff, the restaurant on the floor below the reception and guest rooms are situated on lower floors. Finally, the hotel has a private beach at the level of the lowest floor.

Our room (a standard type) was simple but chic with abundant linen.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kiyoshi_Fujioka
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Kiyoshi_Fujioka,
Thank you very much for posting your nice review on Tripadvisor's pages.
My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Dubrovnik and hotel "Bellevue".

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hotel Bellevue has an excellent location, friendly and forthcoming staff and nice rooms with a breathtaking view. A lot of things are therefore as they should be at a five star accomodation (with a five star price level). Unfortunately the hotel falls short in three areas. For me, each of these are quite important, maybe less so for other travelers. First: the beach. There is quite simply not enough room for the number of sun beds that are lined up, and you get really intimate with the people on each side. Even with a beach fully packed with sunbeds there is too few to accomodate all the guests. This is not five star standard. Second: the gym. This is small, with a rowing machine, a nordic walker machine (something wrong with the controls on this one) and a ergometer bicycle. I would at least expect a threadmill or two in a gym at a hotel on this level, especially when the heat makes it difficult to exercise outdoors. Third: patchy and very slow internet connection. The hotel has some kind of coverage in all areas, but so far (i'm still here as I write this) this has proven both slow and unreliable, making it difficult to get any serious work done. It is strange how low-level hotels has been quicker than the expensive ones to realize that a fast and reliable internet connection is no longer optional. To summarize: Bellevue did not meet my expectations, but other travelers with other priorities may still find it an excellent choice.

3  Thank Egilsm
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed for a week at this hotel in June this year. The reception staff were helpful and polite. The check-in was smooth. The rooms were good - both the one bedroom suite as well as the regular rooms. Some rooms had balconies which were wonderful and those in the other wing had none. I'm guessing that one pays more for the balconies. The restaurant staff were very cheerful and it was a joy seeing them every morning. The breakfast was good, not fantastic but it certainly was not bad. What is not immediately apparent is that on top of the all you can eat buffet at breakfast is that there is also a list of ala carte items that are included in the buffet, like Croatian fried cheese, freshly poached eggs on toast, and freshly squeezed orange juice. The old city of Dubrovnik is a short 15 minute walk away. It would have been nicer if there was an outdoor pool as well as an indoor one, but there was only the one indoor pool. However, the beach was great with a little cave you can easily swim to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DoctorYS
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel was supposed to be the highlight of our Croatian trip (all the other hotels we stayed were 4 stars), and turned out to be a big disappointment. First, let me get something out of the way: this is not a 5 star hotel, it is a 4 star hotel in a 5 star location. Period. I have been in many 5 star hotels to know that much. And, even if I compare it to the other croatian 4-star hotels we visited, it does not hold up. The quality of the rooms is not 5 star. I am attaching some pictures of the bathroom as an example. The room hallway, with fire extinguishers on the floors was far from luxurious, I must say. The spa was ok, but again not 5 stars. And, the exercise room was pathetic. Seriously, I have seen better in 3 stars.

Now, the same is true about the breakfast, which was very poor quality. As good as bread and pastry is in Croatia, it is remarkable to see how Bellevue manages to have mediocre bread and pastries. And, the same goes for all the rest of the food. We had just come from 4-star hotels with omelet bars, and homemade yogurt, and Bellevue had supermarket yogurts and poor scrambled eggs. The quality of the fruit was also poor. Even the orange juice was the worst of our trip!

We also had dinner in the terrace restaurant one of the nights. And, that was equally disappointing. But, I will leave that for another review.

Yes, it is an awesome location, and the beach is very, very nice. You will also get the "general manager" to visit your breakfast table to ask about your experience (I did not say any of this to avoid making my wife uncomfortable). But, this is not worth the price. And... I am really surprised by the very good reviews it has.

3  Thank xamatriain
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Xamatriain,
Thank you for your valuable comments and for staying with us.
I regret to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I am really very sorry that you did not
tell me anything about mentioned during my talks with you because I've got impression that you are very happy and satisfied with our hotel and our service.
Not wanting to diminish your experience or your comments in any way I have to add that our breakfast buffet offer more then 100 different hot and cold items and we are happy to receive any suggestions for additions from our guests to improve the selection.
Also, I have to emphasis that apart from buffet selection you could also order from a la carte menu omlettes of your choice,pancakes,cakes or a glass of champagne.
Regarding the food in our fine dining restaurant "Vapor" I must tell you that I have never received any complaints and that restaurant "Vapor" is winner between all fine dining hotels' restaurant in Croatia.
I appologise that in your case we could not live up to your expectations.
Thank you again for taking the time and trouble of providing your feedback. I appreciate your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back soon to beautiful Dubrovnik.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We only spent one night in this hotel, but were very impressed with the room, the food, and the private pebble beach. Very friendly staff made everything easy, and provided us with a box breakfast when we left before dawn for the airport. The hotel is built on a cliff, and provides beautiful views of the sea. A 20 minute walk downhill takes you right to old Dubrovnik and its Walls. We only regretted not staying longer!

Room Tip: Southern rooms overlook the sea, and are away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip F

Dear Philip F.
Thank you for your kind feedback even your stay with us was very short.
My team and I would like to welcome you again for longer stay in our hotel.
Hotel " Bellevue", Dubrovnik